Chapter 5: Part 3: The Stormy Night

Hey guys! New part! Ok... don't know how you guys will react to this one...? My way of trying to get Ki's character to helping Rafe... hope it was ok, but you can always let me know. Anyway, took a little longer with this one because I sort of got obsessed with the Queen Charlotte series on my free time lol... if you guys haven't watched... omg it is really good- go check it out! I highly suggest this series lol Anyways, hope you guys enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The yacht rocks, dense roiled clouds covered every inch of night sky painting it tar-black... it's just past midnight and Rafe sits in the bar on his own, down to his last beer left.

He bounces his leg continuously under the bar counter, and groans.

"M-man up- man up." Rafe slurs to himself. "W-whatcha did I say- what did I tell you.." his words slurred- rolled off his tongue slowly. He speaks to voices he really believes are there. He uses his hands to gesture like he'd been talking to someone real. He takes another swig of his beer and lets his head hang, and muffles a dry laugh... his chest filled with so many things- disappointment, anger, grief, so many emotions that he couldn't keep anchored... He swipes a hand to his nose quickly as he sniffs- rubbing the back of his head, agitated.

"Imma sick of this shit-" he continues to mumble to himself.

Swishing the bottle in his hand, he realizes what's left are but a few last drops, and he raises the bottle to his mouth, letting the last few drops hit his tongue, then throws it down onto a couple of other bottles that had formed into their pile on the ground close to his feet.

Ki glances up at him from the cabin door. She leans up against the frame- keeping an eye on him... because that is all she can do... that night- it seemed like something broke in Rafe... he removes himself from her... he wouldn't talk to her properly, he wouldn't let her be near him...

And now it wasn't helping that he'd become so drunk too...

The weather had darkened- the sails billowing, they blew against the frenzied wind, the weather rapidly turning into something else... something close to torrential..

She's ready to sleep. Changed into the pjs he'd given her... but now the only thing she feels she can do is stand here- watch him from a distance so he doesn't end up in trouble somehow... the state his in- together with the rugged choppy weather- there are numerous ways Rafe could get himself into trouble.. one- he could end up overboard, something quite drastic- but how would she pull him in from these kind of waves- strong currents? that would be disastrous- so she keeps her eyes vigilantly on him..

She watches him as he stumbles off his chair- gripping to the side of the counter- taking a moment to regain his balance- feeling his head spin viscously. He staggers away from the bar, struggling down the stairs, fingers digging into his eyes, grumbling something to himself... he'd figured that she'd be asleep by now... she must be asleep- it's well past.. (well he didn't know the exact time)- but she's at least got to be somewhere near or in her bed... either way, that's what he'd hoped for... so she wouldn't have to see him like this- so that it would make it easier for him to have no need to pass her.

He feels the first droplet of rain hit his face and he looks up- toward the cabin- when his eyes come to Ki... well- he was wrong and she'd been wide awake..

She crosses her arms- looking away- tight-lipped and slightly anxious... She pretends she hadn't just been spectating him this entire time... but as her eyes return, they brim with a softness as she finds his eyes are still on her...