Additional Part 9: Two bold lines

Hey guys! New part! As always, tried my best! Hope I did ok! I was supposed to make it a little lighter, but might of made it more serious than was supposed to, I don't know, but I will go through it again tomorrow and fix up any mistakes! Trying to get the whole story out, sorry if the writtings not that good, but I try lol Hope you are all well! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two.. bold.. red.. lines.

She couldn't have told you her heart didn't plummet...

Her eyes flick over the two lines, assessing them... realization quickly setting in.

The test was positive. She'd suddenly felt breathless...

A sound raps at the door, pulling her from her thoughts.

"Ki..." Rafe sounds from the other end. He sounded agitated, concern strained his tone. "You ok? You've been in there for a while." His feet shuffle.

Ki's eyes sweep around, wondering what she will do with the test, fumbling it in her hands, studying the room for a suitable place she could hide it. She's suddenly aware how long she'd been in here- the restroom- knelt beside the toilet bowl... definitely longer than she'd intended- long enough for him to think there was something wrong.

Rafe must have heard her purge into the toilet bowl just moments earlier... that would be why he'd be asking, she realizes.

Her stomach twists. It was still persistently making her feel shitty. Her gut felt miserable. The queasiness kept coming back, overwhelmingly more in the mornings, and it didn't help that now everything had started to smell so bad too. Any cooking... the rich smells would waft into the air, saturating the atmosphere with something heavy, making the air pungent, awful and repulsive when it would hit her nose.

Staring back down at the two bold stripes displayed on the test before her...yep, it was all real. Very real... blood red, bold, and stained with life... something overwhelming stirs within her again... the queasiness returning strong. Her stomach clenches, something wants to come up... again... she squeezes her hand over her mouth, dry retching a little into her open cupped palms.

It's like she'd woken on a rocky boat, and never gotten off since. All the day long the nausea persisted- for the past two days, straight. It was starting to become exhausting.

"I'm ok." she muffles back behind her hands still covering her mouth. Her heart was thumping a little fast in her chest with a slow forming panic beginning to set in. Her hands had even started to become a little clammy.

She could tell Rafe had heard her, because he shuffles uncomfortably on the other side and huffs out a deep sigh.

She could tell he hadn't bought it... what she replied with. But... you see, she also can't really tell him- because she doesn't need him freaking out when she is freaking out already! She can't do it. She just can't. Not just now, anyway. She's most certain he could possibly loose it- stress out more than she is currently now.

If she gives herself enough time to let this all sink in first, let her head mellow on her thoughts... she could strategize then see things clearer, and then... then with time, she could deal with Rafe next. She needs to analyze all angles of the situation to feel much calmer... more collected, more balanced. It's not like she will keep it from him, but she couldn't do it when her mind had felt so damn clouded, and he could, ultimately, influence many of her decisions. She can't let that happen... because she needs to feel in control.