Chapter 7: Part 1: Should I Stay

Hi guys! New part! Once again- I know its not perfect- but it's a long one... was kind of exhausting writing this one up lol... and ok sorry guys- I added more smut so yeah- WARNING: SMUT! you guys can call me out on this one-I don't mind- I don't think I wrote it too well consideing my exhaustion getting to the end of this part- but I tried anyway lol I blame it on my addiction to Bridgerton at the moment- it may have influenced me a little too much lol Either way hope it turned out ok- enjoy!!

Chapter song: Issues by Julia Michaels

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mum, I know-" Ki grumbles into her phone. "I told you guys already- I was on a yacht- out in the middle of the freakin ocean- I had no reception- how could I call you" She rolls her eyes- annoyed- her mum interrupts her for the hundredth time, rambling on about how irresponsible- how careless she'd been- and how they didn't know if she'd still been alive-

Ki stares out of the cab window in the back passenger seat- letting her mum have her say. Two bags- Rafe's- had been clumped up next to her, making it hard for her to shift and turn herself away a little in her seat- knowing Rafe had been listening in. Rafe glimpses over his shoulder at her from the front. "Well tell him- no- tell dad no- if he does that I will never talk to him again- I may never come back home- and that I'm perfectly capable-" she rapidly tries to let out her last words- trying to complete the rest of her sentence in time before she is being spoken over again-- Ki becoming increasingly frustrated at- what felt like- no respect she'd been receiving- or at how many times her mum had been speaking over her- she's close to snapping- "That's not fair- you guys know it-" she rasps. "You know perfectly well I've turned eighteen- I'm capable of doing things on my own- you can't do that- you know I have rights, right?-" she scoffs- getting cut off again- Ki's hands grip tightening to her phone- she wants to throw it..

The cab pulls up to a nice two storey house enclosed by tall fences and surrounded by some palm trees and greenery... Rafe's family's holiday house, she'd presumed. She doesn't take it in much- preoccupied by her mum still yelling at her on the other end of the call... but she does notice it kind of has a little of the traditional touch of the island with mahogany coloured walls.

Rafe pays the driver, and hops out, opens Ki's door for her- helping her out first before grabbing his bags, pulling them out next, and slinging one over his shoulder onto his back.

"Well it's not like- mum- please let me speak- so maybe stop yelling at me- your being so unreasonable and unfair- why are you being like this-" Ki bites back through the phone- before she feels it being snatched swiftly from her hand. Rafe doesn't spare a minute to look at her, just turns his back with her phone in his hand- his height and solid build blocking her from attempting to take it back.. he strolls with long strides over to the front gate- opening the latch easily- and lifting the phone to his ear.. Ki watches him baffled- scowls on him- confused... arrogant to think he could do that- not give her a reason why he'd done that too? and then pretend she wasn't there- to not acknowledge her hard questioning look either- setting her off quite quickly... She sucks in some air- prepared that she may have to be agile to retrieve her phone back-

"Hi- Mrs Careera? Yeah- Rafe- hi, yeah- I know- she's good- she's good... ahuh-" he waits for a break for him to continue.. "She never told you? Yeah- no- I understand- that's unfair- yeah- but kind of unsurprising too, really-" he laughs- a lopsided devious smirk stretched across his face as he looks over his shoulder at Ki- which she responds to with a soured look "-but that's Ki- always unpredictable- keeping secrets- yeah, I know- I've been there-" he hums satisfied "-yeah- I get it- she's always doing her own thing- surprising people out of the blue- when they least expect it too- I understand that-" he scoffs- nodding his head... but his quick to switch up to shaking his head instead- he cracks a nervous chuckle- "No- no- no- she's not..." he pauses- taking time to process her question- then mutters again with nervous humor "..no- not at all what I meant- yeah sorry... yeah- really- no she's not running away and- and- a-and is she's not knocked up or anything-" Rafe states back quickly- pinching the the bridge of his nose and wincing a little. He swipes a glance at Ki catching the way Ki's expression blooms into embarrassment- which is quickly replaced by a soured look again- she attempts to snatch the phone back once from his hand but his fast to move it away "...nah- no more surprises- she is ok... yep- I swear- I'll get her on a plane tomorrow..." he waits for her to reply.."Yeah- I know- she'll be right back home before you know it- back in your arms again soon-" he replies calmly this time, his smile fading.