Chapter 3: Part 1: Dinner at Carreras'

Hi Guys! I tried my best again with this part, hope it came out ok! I have all these ideas for my story but I hope just I get them out right... next part will have more drama and Rafe and Ki. I tried adding a song (Me Gusta Tu by Manu Chao) but it doesn't seem to want to upload... it's a song from one of my favourite Riara tik tok edits because it was playing in my head the entire time I wrote this, even though there is more JJ and Ki, but Riara was still on my mind the whole time LOL. Anyway enjoy guys xxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In his singlet and cargo shorts, JJ stands outside Kiara's house next to his dirt bike- the weather becoming quickly bitter with the day gone. Her house in the dark looked kind of different at night... toasty and inviting... With all the warm glow of lights coming from the inside, it looked homely... maybe the night time brought a sense of calm or comfort the day couldn't for JJ to find him back here... finding himself here instead of on JohnB's couch, sharing a joint with the boys... or maybe it had been because JJ would have to endure another sleepless night if he hadn't come to see her and hope to make up with Kiara.

He squares his shoulder- ready to walk up those stairs this time... he had tried the previous night- it had not worked.

But for one thing, JJ never backs out if things get hard... buut this was Kiara, and things weren't just hard, it was in the gray area of 'if he could lose her', so it wasn't just hard- it was intimidating and kind of scary.

He'd been pacing back and forth between his bike and her house.

He shakes his shoulders, inhaling a deep breath that would prepare himself... to get to her front door.

"You can do this, JJ." he hypes himself. "It's Kiara." He cocks his head once to the side, rubbing his fingers into his palm. "Pogues for life- right? P4L? If I don't... she'll turn full kook."

He stops, mussing up his hair- gazes at her house a couple seconds longer.

He groans, turns himself around again. "M-maybe I-I- I can't- fuck- shit."

Stressed he runs a hand over his face then through his hair, watching her window. The room had been lit with a dim glow.

Suddenly the front garden lights come on, and JJ ducks, seeing someone walk out onto the front porch...

In the darkness, he couldn't clearly see who it had been, but he does notice as they notice him.

"JJ?" and he knew it was Kiara's mum. "Is that you?"

She's squinting his way, and there is no escape now... his gaze darts to Kiara's window, Kiara's shadow nearing it quickly, and then her figure pops up, trying to slide the window frame open with a little struggle.

"Oh, yeah, hi Mrs. Carrera- how you doin'?" he grins, waving a nervous hand, breathing out a cloud of cold air as he chuckles. His eyes darts back to her mum.

Kiara's dad then appears, stepping out onto the porch too, joining his wife.

"JJ? What are you doing out here in the dark, son?"

Well- that's a first- Kiara's dad calling him "son".

He had to admit- he and Kiara's dad had become a little closer since they had started dating... emphasis on the little.

Not that JJ thought it was all a big show to show they were all accepting of their daughters relationship with him- and to quell their guilt over forcing her into Kitty Hawk- so their daughter could trust them again and believe they weren't the bad people she'd thought them as... they wanted their daughter to still feel they were approachable- even if just a few days ago her parents had agreed that grounding Kiara for something JJ did had been the right thing to do- to stop them from seeing each other, and in hopes they would then possibly grow apart. It only made sense to him they would do this... but it hadn't worked and he'd only long to see her more. So that hadn't worked-