Additional Part 15: Hungover

Hey guys!! New part! I know I said I wouldn't update till December, but if by chance you see this earlier- I just had a day to give you something inbetween that time, so here it is... hope it's ok as always... not entirely happy with it but I will look over it tomorrow again anyway. And, yeah, no more posts till Decemeber again, but hope you guys like this one? I may fix it up again if I cringe hard reading it tomorrow. Anyway, take care y'all!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The thick draped curtains are pulled back, letting in a stream of bright light into the room. Rafe wakes, face down on the couch, straining his eyes to open. He stirs and his head becomes a roaring mess- his face in a light coat of sweat, buried into a soft pillow layen on the couch for him. He releases a moan, groaning as he lifts a forearm to wipe the sweat from his brow, and his head begins to pound and swirl.

He doesn't remember a thing. He wished he could... I mean, the only thing he can remember right now, with his nose planted into the couch, is its smell... and the smell of home that soon comes after...

The familiar scent of lavender that whirls in the air, the same smell that he'd become familiar with, that fills the air and reminds him of Ki and how she'd helped him in from their car... the scent that they'd met as they'd entered inside. It's the same lingering scent left from her diffuser emitted into the air the previous night after they'd left for the Surfside restaurant, the same scent that helps him remember more- when he'd been held to her close, knitted in her arms, his arm slung around her waist, hobbling him in through to their living room and then dropped onto the couch... He must have passed out right after Ki had dragged him in.

He has to admit, the lavender did have that calming effect Ki claimed it had... she was usually right.

But he was still pretty severely hungover, and that scent wouldn't do everything to fix his head. He groans again, rubbing his fingers into his pounding temple.

"Finally awake." He hears Ki mutter from right above him as he's shifting again. Her tone was straight out frustrated- straight up pissed with him, so he could only assume he'd done something that messed up her night... yep- those memories are coming back, flooding back at him pretty darn quick, and- did he get into a fight?-

He could hear her breathing right above him. He knew she stood right over him with her eyes most probably judging him. He moans again, running a hand over his face, eyes slint open, peering past the gaps between his fingers, the light still blaringly bright, too much for them to take in, he grits his teeth, squeezing them closed again... why had she needed to pull the draped curtains so far back, the light pouring in was blazingly bright- burning into his eyes... at least for someone so hungover, that was how he'd felt. He pushes back the pain throbbing at his temple, as he forces himself to sit up a little, slouching back into the couch, eyes slanting open slightly and moving over a blurry Ki who stands right above him.

"Ki... W-what happened?" his voice sounds coarse and groggy with sleep.

She sighs and walks over to a chair, grabbing her purse. She pouts angrily, shaking her head. "I don't know.. why don't you tell me?"

She trains her eyes back to him, waiting, as he's pulling himself up, leaning up back against the couch armrest. His face screws up, looking up at her, and he grunts as he's propping himself higher by an elbow against the back cushions- eventually pulling himself up into a proper sitting position. Blinking several times, his vision comes more into focus, but the pressure inside his head is just pure static torture. He pulls a face, hearing Ki's feet patter away. He forces his eyes to open more and he does a quick once over- taking her in again... He begins to realize she'd looked dressed to go out.