Additional Part 22: Barry and Rafe's Talk

Hey guys!! New part! First of all happy new year!! Second I wasn't supposed to write this part but I kept extending until it became a whole new part lol. Third, as always, hope it turned out ok. I will come back tomorrow look over it again, I know it's not perfect but trying to get the story out and eventually completed at some point. Anyways, let me know anything, and enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rafe's knee bounces anxiously under the table. A light breeze blows gently, tickling his face, the strong smells of the bar drift to his nose as he sits across from Barry in a quiet corner of an outdoor area of a restaurant.

Barry had told him a lot...

He picks up a joint, brings it to his mouth and inhales it deeply as it's pinched between his lips. That high hits, melting his mind, letting it float just a little, making his head turn slightly. A sensation runs gently through his body and helps alleviate some of the emotions pulsating to his head...

He'd first refused the joint Barry had offered him originally, but that slowly turned into a need with the more that came from Barry's mouth... he needed something more than just his beer he held in his hand, to mellow the rage building up in his system after his talk with Barry.

Rafe was not just pissed- he was fuming- the weed was helping though, he thinks- doing something to alleviate the burning at his veins- help dissolve some of that anger that had been spiraled after their talk, at least to the point he wasn't throwing anything, or punching a wall, or letting his anger get a hold of him and control him...

Damn those pogues, his mind fumes- this had to be them- had to be their doing, their plan, all along this was what they'd wanted- what they'd meant when they'd said they'd seek out their revenge! Shit! This was it! Not like the death of his father hadn't been enough, they needed to hurt him more- rob him of Tannyhill too!

Rafe presses his fingers into his temple, wincing, trying to ebb away the pain throbbing at his skull. He takes in another long hard drag. This joint wasn't good- Rafe thinks, inspecting it- it's not nearly strong enough to control the anger pulsating through his blood. A lump forms in his throat. He's still trying really hard to control his anger. He was also trying to get his head around what was going on- put two and two together- how they managed to pull this shit off...and all under his nose... how had they managed to pry Tannyhill right off under him? He never suspected a thing. All that Barry revealed to him had stumped him.

And what's worse is that JJ... he had to be in the center of all this... everything had to end up a calamity when JJ was involved... Rafe's not dumb- his seen him hang with those cons... all this had to be JJ's fault.

"You saw him, right? Hanging with them? What'd you think Rafe? Use your damn head, brother... They the same damn fools that fucked up Topper's arm, face and everything, and you gonna sit here and try deny them pogues ain't nothing to do with it, hmm?" his smile dances mockingly, and he snorts with disbelief.

"I ain't denying anything, ok?" Rafe states firmly, in a low deep tone. He groans, fingers trembling, holding his rolled up joint between them and lifts it to his lips, taking in another long drag, then runs his fingers through his hair. "I just... I just have to consider... someone, you know... I-I" he pecks a hand to his chest as he stammers- "care a lot about..." His words trail off, and then suddenly slumps himself back heavily against his chair, crossing his arms in front of him, legs spaced out, widely apart. His mind was spewing curses. He's still trying to process it all. He brings a hand up to bite a nail as he thinks. Barry laughs. "Hold up... bro... ya think... Kiara..." he laughs, unable to contain himself, or complete his sentence, dropping his back into his chair also, eyeing Rafe questioningly. Rafe's gaze gradually lifts up knowing what his about to say. His expression shifts from confusion to fierce anger in a matter of seconds. His eyes burn into him with an intensity, piercing into him with a warning glare. "Not my words but Toppers, ok?" Barry lifts his hands up in mock surrender, taking in Rafe's intense threatening stare. "so don't come after me, Rafe, ok?... cause the man has a damn good point," Barry says, leaning forward, holding his gaze firmly. "You gotta listen to the damn hard truth, bro... have you ever thought that maybe your girl has been playing you, man?... she been playing you like a fool- playing yo' ass like a damn fiddle, bruh?... Kiara's got some noose around yo' neck, boy, and she about to hang you, Rafe... just like yo' sister did Topper so bad, he lost his damn mind... you seriously believe that girl is all innocent and shit?" he squints, getting a better look at him, reading him closely as Rafe intensely glares back. "Nah, bro- she own them pogues her whole damn life's allegiance- yo' know what? -what if the whole damn time she was the mastermind behind all this-"