Additional Part 12: Break In

Hey guys! again not perfectly written, but tried. I may need two or three weeks off for the next one as my brain has been struggling these days, and I'm struggling with the parts for some reason. Anyway, I'm adding faces to our characters Maya and Jude! I have tried to add them below but not working so will just add onto a new part. Anyways, enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sash lets out a sharp squeal as JJ finally pries the window open. He grunts, using his strong arms to force it to slide further up, until there's just enough of a gap to let him slip through.

Otis whines below him, wriggling and wagging his tail. JJ's gaze comes down to the playful Shollie, peering momentarily down with a warm smile. He pushes himself up onto the sill, letting one leg slip through, letting his other half dangle out. His eyes come back to fix on Otis, Otis's paws pounding against the wall and lets out a few loud yelps.

"Why they'd left you outside, hey boy?" he says softly. "Don't worry, I'll be back. I'll bring ya somethin' nice too, alright?" The rest of his body slips through, disappearing and engulfing himself entirely into the darkness of the room around him.

He takes in a few breaths, barely waiting for his eyes to adjust to the ink dark room, already taking a few careful steps forward. He lifts his arms up and out to feel for the space around him... hoping he'd eventually come to find a light switch as a hand reaches out and slides along the wall. First, his knee smashes up against the corner of an island, and his hand comes down instantly to find a smooth marble countertop. He mutters a curse under his breath feeling the throbbing pain radiating from his knee. He slides a hand over the smooth countertop gently, feeling out the dimensions to get himself around safely. His hand skims the surface, feeling the objects on top, when his hand collides into a pan, and sends it plummeting over the edge. It falls, and rings loudly of metal clashing with a hard tiled ground as it meets the flooring, making JJ jump and startle.

"Shit." he rasps, heart skipping brutally against his ribcage. A hand comes to grasp his chest, and his other hand comes away from the counter, and feels for his back pocket. Taking out his phone, he shines its beam out into the darkness, flashing its bright flashlight around, aiming it into the pitch darkness of the room.

Why'd he'd felt so strangely on edge- why'd it almost feel like a nightmare wandering around in the pitch darkness of Rafe's kitchen, the maybe most intimidating room of his house, the only room with pointy knifes and all, and he was standing probably in the centre in the literal dark... JJ reminds himself- he needn't feel so wound up- nobody had been home! He kind of now wished Otis had been inside with him, keeping him company.

JJ sweeps the light around, realizing he'd been standing in the middle of their kitchen. "Ok." he breathes, reassuring himself. "This ain't bad- not scared of the dark, are we, JJ?..." he mocks himself, then snorts. "No need to be alarmed... no-one else in 'ere." He shrugs the tension off his shoulders, and reasserts himself again. He takes a step forward, eyes traveling around to locate the light switch. He preps himself- in his mind- for what he'd come here for- that Tannyhill document- and he'd better be in and out as quickly as possible- he reminds himself, focusing again on the time he'd had left.

If only they'd hadn't jammed Otis's doggie door, obstructing JJ's original plan of using it to be in and out in a skip of a heart beat- instead he'd wasted time prying that damned sealed window open. His boot clips the pan he'd dropped as he'd been stepping over, and as his eyes ome down to skim over it, he hears something faint and hollowing from afar. His eyes travel up... a light pattering, scampering light kind of sound come next- sounds of quick movement coming from the other end of the corridor. A churning feeling, twisting feeling in his gut, crept up from the pit of his stomach, instantly immobilizing him. His muscles become tense, and with the icy feeling creeping along the length of his spine, sticking up the hairs on his neck- he feels he can't move. He'd heard it again... and then again. Maybe they'd just left a fan on or something- maybe that's what it was- he's unsure at this point, but that's the most feasible, most probable explanation of what's happening here, what he's hearing- at least, that's what he's trying to convince himself so he could get his legs to move again.