Additional Part 10: Subtle signs

Hey guys! New part... was supposed to make it two parts but didn't get much time to work on the second part. Anyways, hope you enjoy! And please comment anything you want to see!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Ki." 

Standing out the front on the drive of their property, Rafe calls to Kiara, standing beside their large SUV stationed a few paces from the verandah, ready to take her to meet with Sarah and Cleo at the Surfside restaurant. 

He drums his hands against the side frame, humming a song playing from inside the car. He stands beside the passenger door, waiting for her to reappear out onto the verandah, prepared to chivalrously open the door for her- ready to show he could be a gentleman.

Ki walks out onto the verandah, adjusting her jade green delicate bracelet on her wrist, flips her hair back as she hastily makes her way down the stairs. Hearing her walk out, and the door clash behind her, his head lifts and his gaze travels across to find her. The corners of his mouth upturn into a smile, taking her in. She is breathtaking- there was no other way to describe her, Rafe thinks… because literally, that's how he'd felt- like she'd stolen the breath from his lungs… Her skin glowed, her cheeks rosy… she was brimming with something else- he can't quite put his finger on it… 

Crimson, light, and elegant, her dress flowed delicately just above her knees. The material soft and dainty, the seams at the waist hugged her firmly. The half sleeves held soft frills that looked like many wisp petals sown and held together, and flattered lightly about her shoulders with any movement she made. She makes her way down the stairs briskly with a radiant smile on her face, her hair bobbing around her shoulders in neat soft waves. Her jog turns slow as she nears him, catching the way he looks at her. She leisurely wanders the rest of the way to stand in front of him, watching him with a curious look. His brows bunch together, and he swallows, forgetting he'd been staring for far too long. Her smile widens, amused. 

"What?" she snorts, playing with her purse.  

He lets out a limpy breathy chuckle. "Ahh, nothing- just, ahhh- you look… beautiful." he replies. His eyes flicker over her curiously, studying her a moment longer. He couldn't get his head around how her skin glowed so angelically… no blemish, just perfectly fresh skin… luminous even. Her hair seemed to shine- shimmered even- brilliantly like that compared to a luminous reflection glistening off water when sunlight touches its skin. "Your… ahh, skin… is glowing." He clears his throat.

Ki's eyes freeze flickering over him for a moment. Her smile slips slightly. He was starting to notice- she'd started to notice… some very minor things- slight changes to her body… she hadn't been sure that the small bump she'd had was a bump at all, or possibly just… she'd didn't know?- bloating maybe, but it felt firm… because, really… she hadn't even known how far along she really was…   

She clears her throat, redirecting the topic of conversation- trudging away from the topic she'd hadn't been prepared to bring up. "Well, do you like the dress?" She questions gallantly, giving it a little swirl, with a little smile.

He smirks lazily at her. "Yeah, ofcourse." 

She traces her fingers gently along the side of his arm, over his muscles- keeping him distracted... gingerly, she curls her fingers into his shirt at his chest and draws his chest slowly to hers… she didn't want him to bring up anything else he'd noticed different about her- like maybe her bust that had begun to show noticable changes, growing slightly in size... he would put one and one together and it would most eventually click. Rafe's arms wrap around her tightly, protective, tucking her into him.