Final Chapter: Atlas

Hey guys!! My final final last chapter!!! Guys, hope I did ok, may have a look at it tomorrow, I have been insanely busy and I was supposed to have two more parts, but had to bring down to one just so I could give us an ending... I was supposed to have a part about how they got away from Jude, Pierra and his men, and what happened next... but we know they were all ok and made it back once on American waters lol Shoupe made sure lol Anyways guys, this is my final chapter and I'd wanted to say so many thanks to you all for reading my story... I'm so grateful for you all! Thank you guys for sticking around, for every single comment, every single vote, and just for everyone that hyped me up to get me to make it to the end of the story! Sending you all so many thanks, hugs, everything!! Guys, take care, and hope you guys enjoy!!!

Last Chapter song: Is This Love (Kaya 40 Mix) by Bob Marley and The Wailers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...Two and a half years later...

"Atlas!"

His feet scuffles along the grainy sand, abruptly stopping at the water's edge. The waves gently roll, lapping onto the shore, over his tiny toes, the sand felt veverty against his skin. His eyes latch onto the sparkly object that had lured him here. It had been partially buried beneath the wet smooth sand. It glistened and shimmered as the waves ran over its smooth surface... he'd seen it from way up where he'd stood with his aunt just moments ago, on top of her back lawn that overlooked the private area of beach. It was an alluring bright color- a mesmerizing emerald green- and this small stone gleamed, peeking out from beneath the beige wet sand. It was glistening at him as he stood over it, gazing down at what he'd wanted to pick up. The sea water washing up over it again, polishing it over and over. He squishes his little toes into the wet sand with anticipation, then reaches down, scooping up the small stone with his chubby little fingers, and clasps it tightly into his palm. Atlas watches as the water laps over his feet gently again, mesmerized at how it washes the sand away.

"Atlas!" Sarah calls again, bringing his attention slightly back to her.

She groans. She'd only taken her eyes off him for just a second and now he'd somehow managed to find himself standing by the shore.

Atlas finally glances over to his aunty who stood, in her beautiful pale pink summer dress, holding down her wide brimmed summer hat from flapping away into the warm breeze. His lips curl into a mischievous smile, eyes twinkling with excitement as he starts off again, flicking water as it sprays from beneath his feet as they meet the rolling soft waves, running over onto the shore line.

He giggles as Sarah chases him over the line were the water laces with sand gently, her hair whipping around wildly as she nears him and slows down. She had easily caught up to the small little boy, who had scuttled off quicker than she'd anticipated- she swoops him up off his feet, and into her arms, swaying him around like he were an airplane, his little chuckles growing into bubbles of laughter. "You're a cheeky little one, you know that?" She says between breaths, then chuckles. "Just like your dad was when he was little... always playing pranks. Aunty Sarah needs you to not run off like that, ok?- It literally scares me..." she emphasizes. "-and..." she takes another few seconds to take back her breath. "-I need you to be my little ring boy, in two days, can you do that?" she says to the three year old, who gazes back with his big hazel brown eyes. The older he gets, the more Atlas looked the image of his father, Sarah thinks to herself, but with his mothers eyes, ofcourse, that were warm, kind, compassionate and beautiful.

He holds out his little hand, grasping something tightly in it. "Aunt Sawah, look what I foun'!" He babbles, thrusting the object to her face, and Sarah chuckles. He'd held it so close she'd had to look at it crossed eyed. "What did you find, hmm? What's this?" Sarah blinks at it as she takes it into her own hands and puts him down... she gazes at it closely... a peculiar green stone that had many markings and scratches and may have belonged to some part of an old piece of jewelry... at least that is what she'd assumed. Her mouth parts- it was exquisite... she'd never seen anything like it before... It was actually quite unique and stunning.