Chapter 3: Part 3: Set Sail

Hey guys! hope this one turned out ok. I will have a re-read of it tomorrow and check any mistakes, but hopefully its ok. I've been trying to add songs to my chapters but for some reason they don't seem to work on my device so I'll just add them with each chapter. Hope everyone had a great Easter!

Song: Bob Marley Stir It Up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No-no-no-no." Rafe mutters quickly, seeing Kiara untying the line of the bow.

They had just rushed onto his yacht- he'd climbed up to the top where the cockpit was located- to collect something real quick- some money- first, when he'd realized Ki had already been untying the lines. He flies down some stairs before then sliding down the rest of the way, down the side and across toward her at the front deck- approaching her slower this time and toward her in a way that was cautious and mindful- he hadn't wanted the risk of being thrown from his boat again...

He keeps his tone calm, low- patient... he is doing his best- doing what he can to gain her trust.

He was working on that- calm and collected Rafe... because the last time he'd been on a boat with her- she'd literally pushed him off.

So, maybe Ki could start to see him differently... This was his chance to show her that... maybe she could start to realize that he could be warm, kind, caring, considerate- compassionate if he tries hard enough... maybe she could even start to like him...

Rafe wanted Ki to like him- see that there was much more to Rafe than what she sees in him now... or maybe she'll always just see him as evil Rafe... I mean, that could have a pretty high probability too- something that maybe can't be helped the way she knew his past...

He has got to let her know he can be trusted- that way their time spent on his yacht traveling to Barbados for over the next four days straight could be at least somewhat comfortable... the less tension the better...

Her being content on his yacht was all he wanted... her knowing that he wouldn't try to pull off anything was also something he knew she needed to know... he wanted Ki to understand that- and feel confident about the trip- and therefore relaxed and comfortable... not stressed like she had appeared now.

He tries not to show any type of feelings either... that could really hinder things- do something that could possibly set her mind to change her plans... and therefore possibly jeopardize him in some way...

But- shit- he can't help it- something in the way her gaze comes up to look at him- soft and undeniably sweet- his lips do break and quirk into a timid open smile- putting his guard down momentarily... her gentle gaze touches his lips and makes his cheeks tinge red slightly...

Rafe's gaze turns serious, his brows furrow, eyes fixed to hers... how she looked beautiful against the glow of tangerine gold skies that stretched out over the evening horizon and reflected off the glistening ocean water- her hair flying, brushing at her soft golden tanned skin... Rafe swallows, finding it hard to look away.

Ki's lips quirk up into a faint twitched smile... the way he'd looked at her made her do that- smile... but she swallowed it back, wishing she hadn't...

She'd promised herself she'd show no weakness in front of Rafe- she's promised to keep that.

His hand comes across hers as he stops her untying the rope from the bow- and his breathing suddenly becomes kind of heavier too. "W-wait Ki." his eyes come to her, a cautious smile tugging to the corner of his lips, and he can't seem to keep his gaze from flickering to her lips and drinking her up some more. "Ahhh." he tries again, licking his lips, looking away. "We need to grab some supplies first... we'll be out on the ocean for at least four-days. Just in case we can't stop, we should make sure we have enough to get us through."