Chapter 7: A Sprinkle of Glass

Lunch soon ended and I found myself back behind my bench preparing the different bouquets as I danced around with Marc's headphones in my ears. By the time seven rolled around everything was all set and Marc was loading up the van with the different vases as Avery instructed/yelled at him. Slipping into the front seat, I bucked my belt and waited for Marc to finish up and close the back doors. For deliveries it was customary for Avery to go alone but with such a big delivery everyone was required. I held the different bouquets in my arms, Avery drove, and Marc would stay in the back and make sure none of the vases would tip over.

We were headed to Carnegie Hall for the evening performance they were holding. I had heard about the musical show on television a couple of nights earlier. Apparently a number of famous musicians would be performing and the flowers that I held in my hands would be awarded to them on stage, along with the hosts, while the five vases would be placed in the musicians dressing rooms.

I was definitely excited to be a part of the delivery but I was nervous as to what I could really do. Since the layout of the music hall was forgien to me, I wouldn't be much help on my own. Glancing to Avery, who was humming away to the radio, I allowed my curiosity to take over. "Hey Ave what am I going to be doing?"

The sound of the radio was instantly turned down and I could hear her shift in her seat. "You and I are going to deliver the different vases to the dressing rooms. They are in close proximity to one another so we shouldn't have to much trouble. In addition, someone should be in the dressing room as well so they will help you out." I felt her hand slip to my shoulder. "Don't get all nervous on me now." She teased and I nodded laughing.

Parking the car, I carefully hopped out of the passenger seat and moved to the back opening up the doors so that Marc could hop out. "Thanks Sang." He called and I felt the van shift up as he jumped down. I nodded and he handed me one of the vases. "Stick close to Avery." He stated and I nodded as Avery took my hand guiding me into the music hall.

We must have been at the back entry because I didn't hear the yelling of photographers and reporters. Security was super tight and we were stopped a couple of times before Avery was given a badge so that no one else would stop us as we made our way to the dressing rooms. Avery talked to me as I held onto her elbow making our way down the long hallways and turning at different points.

"Make sure you knock on the door before you enter. You never know what is happening." Avery warned as we made our way slowly down the stairs. I nodded as my hand skimmed the railing. "I will be one down and we will then go get the rest. If you run into the bitch direct her to me I will handle her." I giggled nodding as soon we paused. "Okay I am one door down. Don't go wandering off." I nodded and waited for Avery to move down the hall.

Taking a slow breath I waited for a moment listening for any sign of sound when suddenly a loud ear piercing voice erupted from the room. I held my breath taking a step back. "You are not to argue about this with me Mr. Blackbourne! He is going to do the tour around the country next year! Victor is not like those other idiots on your team. He needs to get his publicity up after that stunt you pulled at the high school last year. I should have forced him into the private school but no you convinced him otherwise! " I felt my body shake as the high voice finally quieted down and I realized this must be the bitch who had contacted Avery.

Forcing the breath I held out of my mouth, I knocked hard against the dressing room door wanting to just give her the flowers and leave. I waited silently and heard the sound of a door slamming before the clicking of heals appeared and a couple of seconds later the door was pulled open. "Ah! About time! Come put them on the counter and get the rest unloaded! Where are the bouquets we are going to hand out?" Instantly, she was spitting out question after question and I sighed stepping slowly into the room when I froze.