Chapter 88: Comforting

After hanging up with the others, Raven keeps me cuddled into his chest. His calloused hands run up and down my back distracting me from my racing thoughts. Unfortunately my mind continued to race anyways. When would we be getting to our new place? How long would we stay? Would we be safe? I feel Raven's hands pause as my mind freezes over that last question before slipping under my shirt and presses against my stomach guiding me through a couple of breaths. "It is starting to snow again." He whispers after a little while his Russian accent thicker than usual and I shift from my little cacoon, Raven's hands guiding me into a more comfortable position on his lap, my head resting on his shoulder.

"Will it cause trouble?" I whisper back but Raven has already anticipated my question and pulls me closer to his chest allowing me to rest my head in the crook of his neck.

"No." He whispers rubbing my side and placing a very soft kiss on my neck. "Never trouble. Only something pretty to look at." Blushing softly I tuck myself closer to Raven who gives me a gentle squeeze. Our quiet moment ends quickly though, when the van door slides open. Tensing, Raven squeezes me and brings me closer to me. "Everything okay?" He whispers and I quickly sit up shivering at the cold breeze trying to figure out who opened the door.

"Everything is fine." Owen's smooth voice gently caresses me along with a long gentle finger. My mind lingers on his voice looking for any signs of distress but finding nothing I stay quiet listening. "I was hoping to have some time with Ms. Sorenson." I freeze and look toward Raven who places a gentle kiss on my forehead as he shifts me onto the seat.

"Take care of her. She still isn't feeling well." Raven warns and I can't help but tremble as Owen's strong confident hands move around my body pulling me closer.

There is a pause as Raven begins to step away from us and I hear the quietest "Thank you." Before the door closes. Turning, I begin to pushing off my anxiety trying to explain that Raven is being over protective like usual when suddenly a something touches my chest. Confused, I freeze, taking in what is happening. Finger pads push into my back guiding me forward, arms wrapped around me causing the blanket around me to fall, and the warmth of a chest and a shoulder instantly replace the sudden cold I feel as I breath in his Irish Spring Soap scent. Unable to control the array of feelings that pass through me, my body settles on sadness as tears being to rush down my face and soak into my sash and his shoulder as sobs rack my body. Hugging the male back my fingers digging into the fabric of his coat and he presses against me guiding me closer to his chest.

We stay like that for a few minutes before Owen gently pulls away and brings me into his lap. My legs hang off the sides of his legs as I mop up my face with the edge of my shift his arm guiding me into his chest. My head once more rests on one of my boy's shoulders. "My love, talk to me." His voice is soft and comforting, it wraps around me just as his arms did only minutes before. Shivering, I try my best to find words to explain the war of feelings that is happening in my body but all my mind can come up with is "panic".

I glance up toward Owen's voice. "I understand being in that apartment for so long wasn't a good idea and I hope that the home we are going to will help. None of us want to see you like this. Each of the boys want to reconnect and further be able to get to know you. I know the Toma team is waiting for that chance as well." His voice is smooth as he tries to explain his reasoning to me and I manage a small smile as I think about getting to know the others even more. Looking toward Owen's voice I gently press my hand against his chest asking him to stop.

"I am interested Owen." I whisper my voice quieter than what I would have originally liked but I hold strong and continue to push through. "I want to know the others as well but I" My voice wavers as my fears get caught in my throat. "W-W-What happ-happens when my p-p-past catches up to me?" Owen quickly moves to place his hand on my chest guiding me through slow small breaths.

"It's okay. Easy." He whispers into my ear keeping his hand on my sides monitoring my breathing. "We will approach that step when we get to that. But for now. We want you happy." Soft warm lips press onto my forehead as I tuck into his chest allowing him to squeeze me once more.