Chapter 32: Soft Touches

Point of View: Sang

Sitting on the edge of the counter, I freeze as the soft lips leave my forehead ever so slightly hesitating as they pull away. But my mind is still focused on the floating words hanging in the air. They would be my family?

I can feel my heart stop, for a second, as the thought registers and then suddenly it begins to pound hard against my chest. Looking down, I can't help but become over whelmed with emotions. They would be my family? These males that don't even know who I am and what my past is would let me into their home and lives? There had to be a hitch... this was way to good to believe in. Letting out a ragged breath I am unable to comprehend my emotions when I suddenly feel a hand cup my chin.

Flinching, I quickly pull away, forgetting where I am. "Miss Handerson..." Mr. Blackbourne's voice is soft but filled with concern and I quickly look to the male in apology, his fingers finding my chin once more in a gentle caress.

"S-sorry." I whisper and suddenly the emotions hit hard as I feel tears begin to slip down my cheeks. Turning away I quickly rub my face trying to hide these silly emotions of mine when a hand gently catches my own.

"Sang what's wrong?" The soft voice of Luke's appears in front of me and I manage a small smile.

"I have never had someone say something so..." I bit my lip unable to find the word and suddenly warm arms are wrapped around me pulling me into a tight comforting hug. Smiling, I curl into Luke's chest happy for the warm embrace and allow the tears to rush down my cheeks.

After a couple of moments, I slowly am able to calm down and pull out of Luke's embrace. But to my surprise and utter approval, his hands rest against my waist keeping me close. This simple gesture makes my heart pound once more in comfort as the warmth from his finger tips soaks into my skin. "It's okay Sang." He whispers comfortingly into my ear and I can't help but smile even more. But the moment ends quickly as I inhale a puff of smoke.

"Umm something is burning...." I whisper and Luke freezes beside me.

"FUCK!" North yells out in surprise and I can hear the oven being pulled open with force. Instantly my ears are covered by the warm callused hands of Luke as North's voice continues to grow in volume but I can't help but giggle at how silly it all is, even if, secretly, I am super thankful for Luke's hands covering my ears.

"Stop yelling North!" Mr. Blackbourne yells in return and I giggle harder as Victor joins in the yelling as well. Feeling Luke's hands vibrate slightly I can also tell he is laughing along with me.

"Stop giggling Pookie!" Dr. Green yells and I giggle even harder curling into Luke's chest once more unable to contain my laughter, the pain I once felt gone as though nothing had ever happened.

"She can't stop Doc!" Luke yells back, his chest vibrating with laughter and I giggle harder as his hand slowly drop leaving my ears.

But the silly laughter quickly fades as the slamming of a door can be heard throughout the living room and Silas's voice fills the room in a panic. "Why is everyone yelling?!" His voice is higher than normal in his state of panic and the volume hits me full blast. Startled I flinch at the loud scared voice and topple into Luke's chest slipping off the counter.

Luke's hands instantly move to catch my waist but we fall back into the counter and the side scrapes against my back. Tears instantly burn my eyes as I let out a yelp of pain and topple into Luke.

"Pookie!" Dr. Green cries out in both surprise and worry and I can hear the stool shift as he rushes to get up from his seat and rush toward us.

Closing my eyes, I take a shaky breath unable to calm down. "Miss Handerson..." Mr. Blackbourne's arm wraps around my side and I nod quickly trying to calm down.

"I-I'm okay." I whisper letting out a slow breath as my hands touch Luke's chest my breathing a little labored. In the distance I can hear North explaining to Silas what had happened and that everyone was only playing. Silently, I rest my head against Luke's chest as I catch my breathing, mad that I jump so easily at the slightest of loud noises.

Slowly calming down, I stand carefully when, Dr. Green gently places a hand on my side knowing he would be able to confirm my physical state. "Take a breath..." Dr. Green directs and I nod slowly letting out a breath through my mouth and then breathing in through my nose. Dr. Green's arms gently pull me closer to his side and I smile resting my forehead against his chest. "She is good." He states and I can feel the other's in the room exhale a held breath.

Standing up, I blush as a sudden pair of strong arms wrap around my waist once more pulling me into another chest. I was very quickly getting used to their intimate touches. "Sorry Aggele Mou." His voice wavers slightly and I know how worried he is.

"How could I be mad when you were so worried?" I state simply as a smile slips onto my lips. It takes a moment for my words to process but soon I feel his hands tighten around my sides pulling me closer to his chest allowing me to relax.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Silas's thick accent is close to my ear and I shiver blushing slightly.

"Yes." I smile and suddenly the smell of grilled cheese fills the air and my stomach grumbles in pleasure. Hearing Silas begin to laugh, I carefully pull away and make my way back into the kitchen. Putting a hand out, I carefully find myself touching a large broad back. Blushing, I slowly run my hand up the small of his back making him shiver slightly at my touch.

"Almost done baby girl." North's deep voice washes over me as I feel his hand scoop me closer to his side to stand close to the stove. I can't help but blush harder as I rest my forehead against his arm.

"Not burnt this time?" I whisper letting out a soft teasing giggle. Instantly, I can feel North's chest rumble with laughter.

"No." He states simply pulling me a little closer. Giggling hard, I smile leaning into North's side allowing my head to rest against his shoulder slightly.

As I listen to him shifting the pan on the stove as I rest the exhaustion of my panic washing over me slightly. "Baby girl?" North's voice is suddenly in my ear and I blush as I rush to stand up straight. Feeling the slight vibrations of his chest, I can't help but blush harder as his hand brings me back to his chest. "I said the food is ready baby girl. Go sit down."

Nodding, I make my way out of the kitchen and to the counter top. Perching carefully on the stool, I slip a foot under me so that I can lean on the table slightly. "One grilled cheese with fruit." North states as he slides a plate across the counter top to me and I smile happily quickly picking up the grilled cheese and starting to dig in.

"Slow down there cupcake." Luke teases as he sits down beside me and I blush quickly swallowing down my food.

"Sorry.." I whisper smiling as his vanilla scent washes over me. Taking a smaller bite, I slowly chew my mind wandering back to Avery and Marc at the store. I knew that Avery hadn't meant to upset me and just bring up the possibilities but still... it scared me. Was it possible that he was out? That he was back with his group. That he could possibly find me. Swallowing hard, I set my sandwich down deep in thought.

If he was out wasn't it Avery's job to let me know and keep me informed? Would he know that I had been relocated... given a new identity? Letting out a sharp breath, I felt a warm hand against my back and I turned to meet the sharp scent of Irish Spring Soap. Would they think differently of me if I told them about what had happened?

"Miss. Handerson?" Mr. Blackbourne's voice was calm but I could hear the slightest bit of worry in his tone. "Are you no longer hungry?"

Realizing that I had stopped eating, I smile nervously and play with the edge of my plate. "I am full yes." Clearing my plates, I pause at the sink and turn to Mr. Blackbourne, who hasn't moved from the spot beside me. "I should head back to work to let Avery and Marc know that I am alright."