Chapter 56: Sick Day

Listening to the sound of clattering plates, I pull my knees up to my chest allowing my upset stomach to settle as Victor removes the food. "Princess..." His voice is soft and all I can do is hide my face in embarrassment. Feeling the bed dip slightly, I feel Victor's hands wrap around me and pull me toward the edge of the bed. 

"I have clean clothes ready for you in the bathroom and you can use the bath if you want." He states his hands slowly rubbing my forearms. Nodding, I slowly begin to stand but Victor stops me catching my chin and guiding me to look up at him. "Sang you didn't mean to." 

Feeling my legs tremble at how comforting his voice is, I nod and slowly make my way into the bathroom and close the door behind me. Sinking down to the floor once more, I can't help but let out a soft whimper of embarrassment. 

What had I done? Everything had been going so smoothly. Victor had been telling me all about his life and why he had become a musician. How it had changed his life and became a release to him until his parents interfered. But the second he starts to ask me I end up throwing up all over myself and the bedspread.

Taking a breath, I tremble as I stand up and fumble my way over to the sink. Turning on the water, I quickly cup my hands and take a couple of long sips washing out the taste of throw up. I slowly move about finding the clothing that Victor had left out and I can't help but smile. He was sweet. 

Tucking my head down, I take a slow deep breath and undress before slipping on the baggy long sleeve shirt and shorts. Moving to the bathroom door, I slowly open it up and feel a rush of air moving toward me. Surprised, I shiver slightly and then hear the flutter of sheets and I realize he is probably changing the bed. Biting my lip, I stay in the bathroom doorway nervous. 

Hearing footsteps, I feel Victor's hands wrap around my own and guide me back to the bed. Climbing up, I cuddle under the warmth of the covers as Victor joins me pulling me into his chest. Feeling his lips press into my hair, I cuddle closer allowing his warmth to wash over me. 

"Thank you." I whisper softly and Victor's fingers run through my hair pushing it out of my face. Letting out a slow breath, I tuck myself closer to Victor whose arms wrap around me protectively. 

"It is my pleasure, Princess." Victor whispers in my ear and I begin to doze. 

Staying tucked into him, I am able to sleep for a while but about halfway through the night, almost as Dr. Green predicted, my stomach begins to do flips. Carefully unwrapping Victor's arms, I slip from the bed and proceed to move to the bathroom. Closing the door, I whimper as my stomach bubbles unhappily. 

Throwing up what little I had left in my stomach, I curl up against the wall tiredly. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know, I hear my name being yelled throughout the house. Confused and exhausted, I slowly stand with the wall as support and make my way out of the bedroom and down the hall to the stairs. 

"Sang!" I hear Silas yelling and I rub my forehead. 

"Yes?" I respond and suddenly I hear footsteps rushing up the stairs. Reaching my hand out, I warn not to come closer but instantly there is a firm chest pressed against my hand. I manage a small smile and I can feel Silas's breath hitch a little. 

"Aggelle mou what's wrong?" His voice is ever so soft and his hand gently moves mine away. Placing a soft kiss on my hand, I feel him move closer and I rest my head against his chest. 

"I wasn't feeling well last night. I went to the bathroom and I must have fallen asleep there." I whisper exhausted and Silas's hands instantly wrap around me and lift me up into his arms. Letting out a soft whimper, I curl into his warmth as I feel him shift me. 

"I have her." He whispers into what I assume is the phone as he moves down the stairs. "She was asleep in Victor's bathroom."  Wrapping my arms around Silas's neck, I do my best to rest as he moves throughout the house and takes a seat. I shift slightly in his lap but he draws me closer to his chest once more and a blanket is wrapped around me. 

Thankful for the comfort, I curl up on his lap and not even a second later loud footsteps can be heard coming from all over the house. Surprised, I feel Silas's hands move to my sides, "They were all looking for you." He states and I am surprised as I breath in all the different colognes approaching. 

"Sang!" Victor's voice is clear as he rushes forward and I smile and wave slightly toward his voice. 

"Hi." I whisper and can't help but smile as others beginning to yell my name as well. "I must have caused a lot of trouble." I smile softly and instantly I breath in a lavender scent. 

"You had us searching high and low, Pookie." Dr. Green whispers placing his hand on my sides pulling me away from Silas's chest and up into a sitting position. Shifting the blanket down slightly, I shiver and stay still as his hands move to my forehead and then something touches my ear as I assume a thermometer is slipped in. 

"What happened Miss. Sang?" Mr. Blackbourne's voice is soft and I manage a small smile staying still as Dr. Green continues his exam. 

"I wasn't feeling well last night and got out of bed to use the bathroom. I must have fallen asleep there because when I awoke Silas was yelling my name from here." I state and Dr. Green removes the thermometer and places a hand on my throat. 

"How are you feeling now Sang?" Dr. Green asks and I nod slightly. 

"Better... tired though." I whisper and Silas's hands wrap around me and guide me back to his chest. 

"Victor." Mr. Blackbourne shifts and I tense worried. 

"Yes?" Victor asks his voice calm. 

"Did she hold any of dinner down?"