Chapter 84: Tired Tears

I don't sleep for long because the sound of footsteps rushing toward the smell of eggs has Raven on edge. Carefully getting up, Raven shifts from under me as I cautiously get to my feet still shaky. "Little one. You have time still. Lay down." He whispers catching my hips but I give him a small nod and make my way into the kitchen. 

Taking a seat, I do my best to rest as the others slowly begin joining us for breakfast but the lack of sleep is getting to me. Annoyance radiates throughout my veins as I listen to the others talk about random things like the weather. It seemed that every day was like this now. Small talk to pass the time. A few of them sneak out and leave to walk around town. Check in with people they know while I am stuck in this apartment.

 Doing my best to put on a brave face, I smile as the others file into the room saying good morning and placing soft kisses on my cheek. Brandon takes a seat on my left and Silas on my right as plates are slowly passed out. Taking my plate, I listen as others quickly begin to dig in but nausea is the only thing filling my stomach at the moment. Stirring around my eggs, I try my best to eat as much as possible but North is instantly on my case. "Sang." His voice is stern and it is clear from the amount of worry in his voice that he isn't going to let this go. 

Pulling my hands slowly back away from the table, I don't have the energy to argue with him and just slowly turn away from the counter. Sliding of the stool, I ignore North's yelling and make my way down the hall to Owen's room. Taking a slow shaky breath, I knock on the door. "Come in.." Opening the door, I cautiously step into the room and close it behind me. "Sang what's the matter?" Owen questions moving from his desk. 

"I don't want to be in this apartment any more." I state clearly trying to keep my voice even as I look toward the male's voice. My eyes begin to burn with tears as I become overwhelmed with emotion. I wanted my freedom back.

"Sang I understand that it is hard-" Owen begins feeding me a similar statement as the other's in the apartment but I am in no mood. Advancing, I wait unhappily.

"No. I don't think you do." I state the tears beginning to cascade down my cheeks. "You are not the one Bane is after. I am tired of sitting here and doing nothing. I want to leave." I state clearly looking to the male. "The longer we stay in one place the larger chance that Bane will have of finding me. I agree just rushing off on my own isn't a good plan. But I refuse to live what life I have left sitting in this apartment." My breathing falters as my sobbing gets heavier and I have to pause before I can continue.  " Everyone else is allowed to leave and I am held prisoner."   

The air in the room seems to freeze and I hold my head in my hands unhappy and hurting. It wasn't Owen's fault but I was so tired of no sleep and worrying... anything felt better than this. Feeling the air move in the room, I feel the gentle caress of Owen's soft hands run over my cheeks and neck slowly trying to calm me down. 

"How much sleep have you had?" He whispers trying to keep his tone calm trying not to upset me farther. Slowly letting out a couple more sobs, I rub my face and take a few small breaths. He knew I wasn't mad at him just the situation and I loved him for it.

"Maybe three or four." I whisper and his soft caresses gently guide me closer. Pressing myself into his chest, I cling to his starched shirt as he carefully lifts me up into his arms. Resting my head against his shoulder, I tremble as I let out another sob and exhaustion washes over me. "I want to be free." I whisper and Owen places a soft kiss on my exposed neck and carries me to the door. 

"Mr. Black-" North's voice cuts off spotting me curled up in Owen's arms. 

"Relax Mr. Taylor." He states making his way through the hallway and into the living room with everyone else. Running a hand up and down my back I listen as the conversations slowly fall away as he moves throughout the apartment attracting others attention.  "Mr. Toma." Owen calls and I hide my face not wanting to show how weak I really felt. 

"Owen please call me Axel." Axel reminds the male for the billionth time before I feel a hand on my back gently rubbing. "What's going on?" He whispers dropping his voice into that soothing tone that I enjoy. 

"Who was on the late shift last night from your team?" Owen questions and I shift slightly as Axel's hands gently rest on my side. 

"Marc. Let me take her. Let Sean know that he can check her over. He won't mind." Axel whispers back and I shift cautiously into Axel's arms. With another kiss, Owen slowly pulls away and moves to the kitchen. 

Axel holds me carefully in his arms and I hold still as the male moves to the other side of the apartment. Hearing a soft knock the door opens and Axel steps into Marc's room. "Boss?" The tired voice of Marc wafts through the room and then sudden movement. "Sang?" His voice is inches away now and his hands move to my shoulders gently rubbing. 

"She hasn't slept. Make sure she rests with you. Once you both wake make sure you eat. Owen and I are going to figure out our plan. We can't keep her locked in this apartment any more." Axel whispers giving my side a gentle squeeze before letting me stand. 

"You got it." Marc whispers bringing me into a gentle hug and guiding me toward his bed.