Chapter 66: Gone

Exhausted from crying and my panic attack, I am unable to move when I feel Nathan's fingers gently grazing my cheek as he pushes my hair out of my face. Letting out a slightly hitched breath, I feel his hand slip from my cheek and move to my chest checking my breathing. His other hand gently rested against my hip in a protective manner as he carefully shifts me in his lap. "Everything okay?" He whispers very softly, his voice resonating through my ear as his chest vibrates ever so slightly. 

Nodding, I let out a soft yawn and I can almost feel Nathan smile as he carefully slips his arms around my torso. Allowing myself to act like a small exhausted child, Nathan carefully lifts me up into his arms and begins to move around the room rocking slightly. Wrapping my arms around his neck instinctually, I allow myself to doze off for a moment when suddenly a large warm hand is rubbing my back. 

Feeling a little self conscious, I shift uncomfortably when suddenly the soft scent of Irish Spring soap wafts over me. Shifting from Nathan's arms, I am instantly wrapped up in Mr. Blackbourne's comforting warm embrace. "Hello Sang." He whispers ever so softly in my ear and I shiver slightly before hiding my flushed face in his shoulder. 

"Hello Owen." I whisper back my voice expressing just how tired I am. Feeling Mr. Blackbourne's hand pause slightly on my back, I blush even harder as Mr. Blackbourne quickly recovers from the shock.

"I just wanted to let you know that most of the boys are headed into town." The words echo through out my stomach and suddenly I am fully awake. Carefully pushing against Mr. Blackbourne's chest, I am carefully placed on my feet before I wrap my arms tightly around myself.

"Who is going and where?" I whisper nervously and I can feel the air in the room almost disappear in the room as Mr. Blackbourne tenses himself.   

"Sang..." He whispers in warning but I am already to tense knowing that the others will be gone for a long period of time. I mean, I knew they weren't all at the house currently but over night? It had to be at least late evening and with Avery being out and about... and him... I needed to know. 

"Please." I whisper and that is all it takes to get Mr. Blackbourne going.

"Mr. Coleman is headed to school to finish up an assignment he has due and then to work at the bar. His shift ends at midnight so he should be back before one am." Mr. Blackbourne begins, his voice hesitant but smooth as he calmly states the schedule for tonight and my mind starts to buzz. 

" Mr. Morgan is going to head to do a single appearance at a banquet for a scholarship fund he is creating. He will be picking up and dropping off Mr. Coleman up after his shift. Mr. Korba and Mr. Taylor have both been called away on a mechanic job for a couple of hours but should be back before midnight depending upon the condition." Picking at my lip, as I listen to the long list continue I can feel my anxiety bubble in my chest as it continues.

 "I am driving Sean into the hospital for his shift I have some errands to run and a few business meetings to attend. Mr. Griffin also has to head out, he works at a gym as a trainer. All three of us should be home before three."

 Hearing Mr. Blackbourne stop, I find that my trembling has returned and I barry my face in my hands as I soak in all of the information that was just told to me. So seven of the boys were headed out at once. Each would be connected to each other through their phones and will be traveling in pairs so no one is alone until they are at their jobs. The jobs are in a public place where they can be seen which will deter Avery and anyone else and Mr. Blackbourne wouldn't have them doing this if he wasn't sure it was safe. 

Taking a long slow deep breath, I slowly pull my hands out of my face and look toward Mr. Blackbourne who waits silently and nervously. "Just be careful." I whisper and I can just barely hear the soft breath of air being taken as Mr. Blackbourne relaxes. 

"Of course Sang." He whispers and gently pulls me into a hug which I melt into slightly. Smiling weakly, I break the hug after a couple of minutes and move to the doorway. I do my best to put on a brave face as I move away from the comfort of the Irish Spring soap smell but as I round the corner in the hallway, I can feel my anxiety kick up. 

Doing my best to contain my worry, I force a few controlled breaths before straightening and making my way down the hallway where I take a soft breath of warm vanilla and a spicy Japanese blossom. 

"Cupcake?" Luke's voice seems to melt my worries a bit more as I make my way toward the stairs. "What movie would you like to listen to? We are going to have a movie night with Kota." 

Just Luke and Kota...Shrugging slightly, I can still feel my anxiety bubbling in my stomach but I do my best to put on a brave face and nod making my way to the stairs. "I don't mind Luke. You can choose." I whisper running my hand down the banister. 

"Avengers marathon it is Cupcake!" Luke states happily and starts to talk about the different movies as I move to curl up on the couch. A delightful smell of chicken floats in from the kitchen distracting me for a moment as I rest my head on the couch pillows.

"Sounds wonderful Luke." I whisper only listening slightly as I hear footsteps heading toward the door and then suddenly disappear out of the house without even a goodbye. 

It was going to be a very long night.