Chapter 75: Panic with a Side of Bruises

Taking forceful deep breaths, I bite back the on coming panic attack and shift away from Silas. "Russkiye, my slishkom legko ushli. Posmotri v zerkala." Russian we got away too easily. Look in the mirrors. I force through a rushed breath and suddenly the Russian swears loudly and I know he has found the tail that has been placed on us. They want to know where we are going in order to effectively eliminate everyone. Forcing another harsh painful breath, I look toward Silas whose hands have snaked around my waist and is holding me still as the car begins to swerve.

"Silas let the others know. This was staged. They knew that we would split up. The others need to be aware that everyone probably has a tail. They can't stop until they loose the tail." I rush out in a very airy breath.

"Got it." Silas states and I feel one of his hands tighten around my waist and the other disappear to hopefully find his cell phone.

"Russian you need to do the same." I state forcing another breath assuming that the teams, as they call it, are traveling separately but in their groups.

"My phone is in my pocket Kotehok. Kitten. You are going to need to grab it."  There is a hint of teasing in his voice but the annoyance is clear as well as the car turns through the streets of New York. Gritting my teeth, I slowly begin to stand in the car and grab onto the seat in front of me. Silas's other hand returns to my waist guiding me toward the Russian as he speaks quickly on the phone in Greek.

Placing a hand on the Russian's chest I can feel my own chest heave up, hearing my ragged breath the Russian grabs my hand and guides it to the center of his chest. "Vashe dykhaniye nepravil'noye. Chto s toboy sluchilos'?" Your breathing isn't right. What has happened to you? Instantly I think of the large scars running across my back and I force another weaker breath before shifting my hand and moving down to the Russian's jean pocket.

"Pytay moy russkiy. Pytki." Torture my Russian. Torture. I state pulling the small cell phone from the male's pocket. Just as I manage to retrieve the phone I hear the Russian swear and suddenly I am flying backward slamming into Silas's chest as he stomps on the breaks. 

Letting out a weak whimper, I feel Silas's hands gently wrap around me drawing me close to him. " Angelle Mou take a breath." He whispers very quietly and I nod ever so slightly forcing a painful breath before pulling open the Russian's phone and hitting the speed dial button 1.

The phone rings for maybe a minute before a soft voice that I recognize answers and I force out a breath. "Raven everything okay?"

"You have a tail. Quickly alter your route. It was a set up."  Silas's hand quickly tightens around us as the Russian takes another turn and I tuck my head into his chest as a wheeze escapes my lips.

"Got it. Is everyone safe?" The male asks as we take another turn.

"Raven is safe he is driving and Silas and I are in the back. See you at the safe house." I quickly close the flip phone before opening it again and pressing the number 2 speed dial before letting out another wheeze.

"Raven?" My breath cuts out as Owen's voice cuts through the phone and I let out another weak wheeze before I can respond.

"Owen, it was a set up." Is all I can manage before we take another sharp turn and I feel my breath heave up in my chest.

"Okay Sang. It's okay. We are diverting our route. Have the other's been notified?" He asks his voice getting over and Silas's arm puts pressure on my back in order to try and reassure me.

"Yes." I whisper and suddenly we are thrown. Silas's arms are super tight around me as the phone goes flying through the air.

Hearing Silas let out a painful grunt I tense worried about the gentle giant as the Russian swears loudly. "You okay?" He shouts as he takes another turn throwing us again and I let out a small whimper as I hear Silas grunt again. 

"No!" I yell gently touching the giant for wounds and finding a rib that has shifted slightly out of place. "Loose them. Now!" I wheeze and gently guide Silas to a laying position that would be more comfortable and tuck myself into the small foot space between the Russian's chair and the back seat trying to brace myself for the next series of turns.

It seems as though the drive continues forever. A number of sharp turns and a couple of short stops having me smacking my head against Raven's chair more times than I can count. But to my surprise, the drive suddenly smooths out and I lay my head down on the seat before me letting out wheezes.

"Lost them. Headed to the safe house now. Are you okay?" The Russian asks but I am unable to answer just trying to focus on my breathing and Silas didn't answer at all.