Chapter 69: What happened?

Point of View: Silas

North was mad. As soon as I caught him looking at the text he had gotten, I could see the way that he tensed. Something was wrong. Taking a second to wrap up the job we were completing, I turn to North whose eyes are on fire just as Victors usually are only in North's version it was anger and nothing more. From what I could hear as we rushed to his Jeep is that Sang wasn't well and he sent Sang to bed and he ordered Luke as well.  I tried to get it out of him but he was fully gone at this point. He wouldn't listen to me. He just stepped on the gas and drove.

Thankfully, we were only a couple of moments away from the house otherwise I honestly think we would have gotten a ticket. Stepping out of the car, I watch as North throws open his door and runs into the house. More than surprised, I rush to follow him. Ignoring the living room, I follow close behind as North just barrels up the stairs without a care in the world and my eyes land on a pale Luke standing outside of North's door. 

Feeling my protective side kick in, I grab Luke's arm and guide him away from North's  room and to the next bedroom. What had happened? Was he okay? Was Sang okay? My mind rushes through all different situations but noticing that no one else is around is clear that no one is aware of what is going on. Gently guiding Luke to sit on the bed, my eyes widen as he basically crumples into himself as he rests his head in his hands. "I panicked as soon as I realized she was panicking." 

His voice cracks as he speaks and I kneel down in front of Luke when I realize I can hear the ragged breaths he is taking. Slipping a hand to his neck, I check his pulse and realize what had happened. Sang had had a panic attack and sent Luke spiraling into one as a result. Taking a slow breath to calm myself, I let my training kick in and I focused on getting Luke to calm down.

It had been about five years ago. We had been running a mission in which we needed to collect intelligence on a subject and Luke had been sent in. Little did anyone know that it had been a trap. Luke rarely comes out and talks to others about it but when they happen Luke always go see Doc to let him know what happens. Thus training ensued incase something ever happened when Doc wasn't around. 

"Are you okay now?" I whisper and I can hear my accent growing thicker as worry sets in. Nodding his head slightly, I already know not to believe him because his pulse is to fast. Placing a soft hand on his back I rub at his tense spots. "Okay. Take a breath." I whisper and Luke takes a shaky breath in but it catches and instantly my hand is on his chest. "One more nice and easy." I whisper dropping my voice down a few octaves. Thankfully this time he is able to smoothly take one. 

"Nice job." I whisper and rub his side as he slowly looks up at me exhaustion easily seen. "Are you okay to move?" My eyes focus on his movements and he nods slowly standing up. I watch cautiously as he climbs into bed and as soon as I am sure his breathing has evened out I am looking for Kota who is supposed to be in the house.

"Kota?" Knocking on his door, I quickly open and meet a tired eyed leader with no glasses. 

"Whats wrong? Why are you home so early?" He blinks and reaches around for his glasses. 

"You seem to miss all the fun." I state moving into the bedroom and sitting down on the bed. "North got a phone call from Luke. We came rushing home. North rushed into his room to comfort Sang. And I calmed down Luke from a panic attack. Please tell me you know what the hell is going on." 

Surprise was the understatement of the year, I watched as Kota's eyes grew three sizes just like that freaky cartoon that they played at Christmas with the weird green guy. Instantly Kota was moving out of the room and seemed to be on autopilot. Frowning, I follow again, just as I had done a moment before to North's room but before he can even knock the door opens an North slips out. No shirt and loose sweats. 

"What happened?" Kota asks his voice low and North glances over to me and I raise my eyebrows also wanting to know. 

"Luke messaged me saying someone fucked up." He responds gruffly and my mind spins. Luke swore. That was rare. Kota pauses and glances to the door before nodding toward the stairs and the three of us make our way down to the living room. Sitting down, North takes a slow breath before continuing. "Sang was having a panic attack. Couldn't speak but was in tears. Luke sounded like he was close as well." North's gaze hits mine and I nod. 

"He is upstairs asleep in bed. I calmed him down when we got in." I state and North's eyes widen and he quickly takes a deep breath himself. 

"Do we know the reason that set Sang off?" North asks fighting to keep himself calm. 

Kota runs his fingers through his hair. "She was upset at dinner." He states his eyebrows scrunching. "She wouldn't eat. Would barely talk. Today was the first evening everyone was out and about." He stays looking at us with guilt in his eyes. "She was worried that we wouldn't come home."