Chapter 48: These Boys

Point of View: Sang

My mind races with a number of different responses but I just shake my head keeping quiet. I needed to speak to my sister. Tucking my head into Silas's neck once more, I can feel the male's arms wrap around me almost instantly keeping me closer. "Only when you are ready." He whispers softly into my ear and I nod. 

These boys are keeping me safe.

It is only a couple of minutes later when I feel the car stop and I hear the soft vibrations of a phone. Tensing, I shift so that I am facing North's side of the car, panic filling my body. "This is North." He states his voice deeper than usual and I know that he is also worried. 

 Silence instantly follows and I hear North grunt before more silence. I stay silent for a bit longer before my panic becomes to overwhelming and I have to speak. "North?" I whisper my breath light and my body trembling. What had happened? I needed to know. 

"Baby girl, take a breath for me everything is okay." North whispers and suddenly I can feel the warmth of a finger caressing my cheek. Taking a very shaken breath, I wait keeping my body trained on North. "Nathan has picked up a tail farther out in the city and Mr. Blackbourne asked us to wait for a moment." I can feel my body trembling as my mind goes to Nathan.  

They are risking their lives.

Not feeling well, I cover my mouth slightly with my hand and tremble. Remembering the car ride that Luke, Gabriel, and I had been in I can feel my anxiety rise. "Is he alright?" I whisper, my voice barely working. 

"Hey..." Silas whispers ever so softly into my ear, his fingers gently slipping around my hand covering my mouth and guiding it away. Trembling hard, I tuck myself farther into Silas's side and Silas's arms easily wrap around my waist. "Angelle mou, you need to relax for us okay? I promise Nathan is alright. Kota is with him so he isn't alone and Mr. B is on the phone with them, Victor is guiding them."

They are kind to me.

"Baby girl you need to rest." North whispers but I shake my head. 

"Not until we are all at the safe house." I whisper, my mind flashing back to all of the times I had to change homes, names, states... 

They needed to know more of my story soon.

After what seemed like a couple of hours, the car finally stops once more and the door beside me is opened. "Pookie?" Dr. Green's voice is quiet as his hand is placed very softly on my side. 

"I-Is everyone alright?" I whisper instantly, sitting up with Silas's help. 

"Everyone is here and alright. Let's get you inside, okay? I know you aren't feeling well and I want to look you over. The other's are worried." Dr. Green states gently as his hand squeezes my own. 

"Yes." I whisper and very slowly climb out of the car. Standing on my own two feet, I can feel my center of gravity shifting as I begin to move very slowly with Dr. Green's guidance.  As I continue to walk however, a rush of dizziness takes over and I am forced to stop.  

"Sang?" Dr. Green whispers as he kneels down before me, his voice indicating he is in front of me. Taking an uneven breath, I tremble as Dr. Green's fingers find their wait to my pulse. "Talk to me..." He whispers his fingers being very gentle. 

"I am dizzy." I whisper softly feeling uncomfortable and I let out a weak breath trying to gather myself. "I am scared I am going to fall..."

"Will you let me carry you?" Dr. Green whispers and I nod. Feeling Dr. Green's arms wrapping around me carefully, I wrap my arms around his neck and he lifts me into the air. Soon we are moving once more, and I hear the door of the home being opened. 

"Sang!" Multiple voices call out but it is the scent of spring soap that washes over my senses. 

"How is she doing?" He whispers to Dr. Green his hand rubbing my side ever so gently. 

"She is dizzy and her fever is back but she is awake." Dr. Green states and I manage a small smile when I feel a finger caress my cheek. 

"Ms. Sang everyone is here and safe. No one followed us here and you are able to rest safe and easy." Mr. Blackbourne states and I manage a small nod when the scent of spice fills the air. 

"Sang?" Kota's voice is ever so soft and I shift slightly in Dr. Green's hands. "Would you like to sleep for a little while before dinner? We are all staying." Feeling my heart flutter, I nod liking the sound of a nap. 

Thanks to Gabriel who had a set of pajamas ready for me, I am curled up in Kota's bed a couple of seconds later. My head resting against the pillow, I can feel the anxiety in my chest once more as I wonder what I am going to dream of.   

A soft knock on my door however, saves me from dream land for a couple minutes and I slowly sit up. "Come in." I whisper and pat the bed around me making sure I am presentable. Hearing the door open, I smell the soft scent leather and cyprus washes in and I can't help but smile. 

"Nathan.." I whisper my heart hammering in my chest. He was alright. 

"Hi peanut.." He whispers in return as I feel his hand caressing my cheek as he takes a seat at the edge of the bed. "I heard you were worried about me and I just wanted to come up and let you know that I was alright." I nodded slightly curling into his ever so gentle caress. 

"I am sorry." I whisper letting my exhaustion wash over my senses. "You.... everyone should not have to be placed into this position because of me." Letting out a soft sigh, I allow my head to rest back against the pillow behind me and suddenly Nathan's hand is cupping my cheek. 

"Peanut, I speak for everyone when I say everyone is more than happy to help you out." His voice is softer this time and I know he realizes how tired I am. But before I can respond, I feel Nathan shifting around me into bed and pulling me close. "Now I am going to rest with you for a little while. Is that alright with you?"

"Really?"  I whisper my voice getting quieter as I curl into Nathan's warmth already knowing the answer. Feeling arms wrapping around me and pulling the covers closer to my side, I slowly start to fall asleep in his arms. 

"Sleep Peanut."