Chapter 15: Nightmares

Point of View: Luke Taylor

Hearing the crack of something dropping in the bathroom, my heart pounds in my chest as I rush after Gabriel as he moves to the bathroom. "Sang?!" He calls and I hear the rough sound of coughing through the door. My eyes meet Gabriel's whose are filled with concern and with it I nod preparing to knock the door in as Gabriel continues to try and talk to Sang. "Sang are you alright?" I hear him say as I toggle the handle of the door. When I feel resistance on the other end, my eyes widen and I quickly let go and step back. A second later the door opens revealing a small Sang with slightly damp hair with her sash loosely tied behind her head. 

I watch stunned as Gabriel rushes forward to her pulling her close. I pause for a moment when Gabriel's eyes meet mine. "Your breathing is erratic." My eyes widen and I tense nervously moving away and pulling out my phone. 

Luke: Just found Sang in the bathroom coughing hard. She looks shaken and her breathing is erratic. 

I pause for a moment glancing back to Gabriel who is still comforting Sang. My heart is pounding and I quickly turn back to my phone as it vibrates. 

Dr. Green: Get her something warm for her throat and just have her sit and calm down. 

Quickly turning toward my brother, I approach, "Gabe?" I question and he turns quickly to look to me. I get a better look at Sang who is still trying to calm her breathing. 

"She is okay." He states meeting my eyes. "Something made her fucking really scared." Gabe adds and I nod calming myself down. Silently I point to the couch and Gabriel guides the way. I stay silent as I watch her slowly move beside him. Watching her shake, I quickly move into the kitchen and pour some hot chocolate before moving back out to the living room. 

Sang is curled up on the side of the couch. Her head resting as I see her take slow deep breaths, Gabriel's fingers slowly tracing her skin. My eyes meet Gabriel's for a moment before he goes back to focus on Sang.

 Moving forward, I kneel down in front of her and gently take her hand helping her feel the cup. At first she is confused but when she realizes what it is she quickly nods her thanks and wraps her small hands around it. With a sigh, I carefully take my place on the coffee table. "Sang what had you so scared?" I question my eyes wondering her face as she slowly takes a small sip of the hot chocolate. Once she has the mug resting on her chest once more I see her shake in response to my question. 

"I-I didn't realize that I was going to have to remove my sash for Gabriel to wash my hair and as I was putting it back on and I froze." She whispers and my eyes widen. That was what Gabriel had been insinuating when he had asked if it was okay to wash her hair. Had she not understood? Confused I glanced to Gabe who shifted a little in his seat moving closer to this beautiful girl. 

"Fucking hell baby. I wasn't planning on that at all." I manage a small smile and notice Gabriel begin to rub her back as he talked trying to explain. "That was why I had asked if it was okay. I didn't even realize that you didn't even think about it. I should have stated it more clearly but fuck I didn't think that you would get so scared that you would choke on your own breath." I shift a little closer watching Sang nervously. 

Unable to hold back, I gently touch her cheek and then shift her hair away from her face. "Sang, I know how uncomfortable you are about you sash and I was going to cover your face with a soft face towel I have." Gabriel explains his idea and I nod my head knowing she understanding the situation and a small shy smile appears on her lips which in turn makes both of us smile.

"Thank you. I have never had anyone be so considerate about my insecurities." My eyes are glued to her as a soft blush appears on her cheek bones. She was just perfect insecurities and everything. How I wish she was mine.

Gabriel is the first to recover and responds but I don't comprehend what he says as I see him place a very soft kiss on her cheek. I quickly shoot him a glance as she gets a little tense and there is an awkward silence as she doesn't speak. 

Quickly trying to recover the situation and save my brother, I slip my hand to her side and rubbing it slightly guiding her to stand. "Let's head to bed." I suggest. "Gabriel can wash your hair tomorrow because cutie you look like you're about to fall asleep right there." And my heart warms as she giggles and I lead her down the hall.

"You will stay in my room." I state placing my hand on her back and pushing her a little farther into my room. "I changed the covers and sheets for you as well as the pillow cases so there is nothing to worry about. I will be bunking with Gabe just incase you need anything at all."

Pulling as much courage as I can, I lean down slowly and place a soft kiss on her other cheek with a smile before whispering  "Good night sweet Sang." 

Settling into bed with Gabriel a moment later, I pull the covers over me and glance out the door to the open door of my bedroom. "She is going to be just fine." Gabriel whispers as he pulls off his shirt.  "She is a tough girl and she just got a little rattled." 

"She isn't just some girl." I whisper back laying back into the comforts of his bed. 

"You got that right." Gabe states and climbs under the covers. "But she is still to jumpy and we don't know enough about her." I nod and slip under the covers as well. I lay there for a little while thinking of the day I had spent with Sang and slowly take a relaxing breath allowing myself to fall asleep. 

Point of View: Gabriel Coleman 

My dreams are filled with sharing a passionate kiss with Sang in a romantic setting when I suddenly awake to Luke's loud snoring. With a groan, I roll my eyes unhappily but I am unable to return to sleep. Slowly slipping my legs over the side of the bed, I sit up and stretch tiredly before moving to the kitchen for something to drink. 

Pouring the glass of water, the events from last night come rushing back and I move to the open doorway of Luke's bedroom. My eyes land on the small curled up figure in the bed. Her past a mystery to all of us but obviously a harsh one because of her reactions and her scars. Yet somehow she manages to smile and enjoy a good day. I smile thinking of how her cheeks flush when I kissed her cheek. She really was a perfect girl even though she couldn't see just how much she affected us. 

Taking a sip of my drink, I am about to turn away when I freeze and spot the bed shaking. Pausing, I slowly take a tentative steps into the bedroom when I see pain etched into that perfect face. Rushing forward, I quickly pull the blankets off of her body and shake her side slightly. Her body continues to shake uncontrollably and I stop shaking her. "Sang." I call her name softly rubbing her back and my eyes widen as I feel something under the shirt she was wearing. 

Quickly pulling up the shirt I had given her I freeze finding a piece of cloth wrapped tightly around her chest. Carefully bringing it down, I freeze again. Scars thousands upon thousands of scars. Slowly I reach out and place a slow soft hand on her back and suddenly her eyes fly open. 

"Sang?" I whisper and she turns toward me and she mouths something silently before I spot tears slipping down her cheeks. 

"Gabriel?" She whispers but her voice cracks and slowly curls into the bed. Gently, I slip my hand away from her back and move my hands under her legs and back lifting her up. 

"It's just me." I whisper and very gently lift her up and carry her into the kitchen. "I am bringing you to the kitchen to get you a glass of water." She nods a little and wraps her arms tightly around my neck. Easily I carry her thin frame to the kitchen and place her on the counter before grabbing a glass and pouring water into it. 

Instantly, she drinks half the glass before handing it back to me. My eyes watch her every movement, every shake of her body and I gently cup her cheek. "Sang are you alright?" I whisper my eyes watching her movements. 

"Yeah..." She whispers and I can see she is uncomfortable.