Chapter 39: Comforting Night

Point of View: Sang 

My back presses against the wood door and I can feel the scars that run horizontally against my back. Letting out a slow deep breath, I allow my legs to slide against the cold titled floors as I gaze into my dark cage. "When you are performing in front of those large crowds do you get scared?" I ask my voice a slight whisper as I feel the vibration of Victor's knocking pause against the door I now lean against. 

There is a moment of silence as he gather's his thoughts but I know he hasn't moved away from the door because I can hear his breathing. Resting my head against the door, I think of the days were Amanda smiled and I could see the sunlight touch her face and make her eyes sparkle. "I used to." The three words float into my memory and I pull myself away from what was and to what is. 

His tener voice is soft as he speaks through the door but instead of standing he is sitting so that we are on the same level. "I used to be really scared. I would get on stage and I would just freeze up. Even if it was just to perform in front of my parents. My Jasmine would start yelling at me telling me I was no good." Victor's voice becomes edgy as he speaks the name of his mother and I smile softly thinking of how Avery had called her a monster. 

"She does come across strong." I whisper back and I get a soft chuckle in return. Smiling, I pull my legs back to my chest with a smile happy to hear such a soothing tone. 

"That is the understatement of the century." Victor states back his voice has a slightly teasing edge but the statement is filled with a sigh. "But even though she does come on strong... or horrid... I owe her. She was able to breath life into me and my music." Surprised, I shift a little from my spot. 

"How?" My heart shivers with curiosity hoping for him to continue his story. 

"By pushing me to do something I didn't like, my piano teacher was able to sense that emotion and had me channel it through song." Victor states. "I was able to put my feeling into an song that could help me express that emotion better than I could explain it with words." 

Instantly, I remember a couple of days ago when I approached Victor in Luke and Gabriel's apartment and the song that played on his phone. The soft melody with the enchanting pain that was twisted through it but with a slight sense of warmth. Smiling, my fingers find my sash and I slowly play with the silk fabric. 

"And by being able to express my emotions better, I was able to perform even better, because what came from my finger tips was not something my mother could ever recreate. It was something I could hold close to myself." Victor finishes and I feel the slight vibration against the door as I feel him press his hand against it. "May I ask you why you wanted to know, Sang?" 

Standing slowly from behind the door, I can hear Victor stand with me from the other side of the door, as I grip the cold door knob, I twist and pull it open revealing my face. "It has been a long time since I opened my emotions up to anyone." I explain and slowly look to where the sound of Victor's breathing is coming from. "And you gave me the courage to face those fears."  

Smiling, I stand looking directly toward the young male that stands before me and I can feel my heart flutter in anticipation and relief. Biting my lip, I manage a small smile when the warm hand of Victor's touches my cheek directing me to look in a different direction. "You are beautiful, Princess." He whispers and I can feel my heart shatter and tears begin to slip down my cheeks. 

"Thank you." I whisper back unable to contain my happiness. Gently, Victor's arms pull me tight into his chest and I allow my tears to be absorbed into his shirt. The warmth of his arms makes me relax, my anxiety gone and my will to continue living and trusting standing in its place. Slowly pulling back, Victor's hands cup my face once more and I place my smaller hands over his. 

"Let's get you into bed shall we?" He whispers softly and I nod allowing him to take my hand and guide me toward his bed. Hearing the sound of covers being pulled back, I rest my head against Victor's shoulder for a moment before he guides me into the comfort of the bed sheets. 

Curling up, almost instantly, I rest my head against the pillow when suddenly I hear Victor's footsteps moving away. Rushing to sit up, hands instantly catch my shoulders and push me back down. "It's okay. I am going to take a shower. I am not going anywhere." Surprised, I nod a little but don't lay back just yet, listening to the sound of Victor's footsteps disappearing into the titled bathroom and the sound of water turning on. 

Slowly, I allow myself to relax back into the comforts of the bed, listening to the shower running. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know, I am dreaming of a knife moving up and down in a stabbing action in Amanda's body. Jolting awake, I let out a slightly uneven breath taking a moment to determine where I am. 

"Sang..." Victor's tenner voice is more base as I feel his arms slip around my small figure and draw me closer to his chest in an effortless way. Tucking my head into his chest, I feel his smooth lips softly caress my forehead as his hands carefully move up and down my sides. "It's okay." He whispers softly and I nod resting my hand against his chest. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He whispers his fingers gently caressing my cheeks before he pushes back my hair revealing my face. Trembling, I think of Amanda's body on the floor... lifeless... and I quickly shake my head not wanting to recall the scene any more. Moving a little closer to Victor, I hold tight to his shirt as his hands continue to move slowly up and down my sides trying to calm me when suddenly one disappears. 

Confused, I shift a little and suddenly there is something pressed slightly against my ear and the sound of ringing can be heard. Before I can ask, however, the sleepy sound of North can be heard from the phone speaker. "Vic? What's up?" He asks his voice even deeper than normal making me shiver in a different way than before. 

"Hey North." I whisper softly and I can almost feel the smile appearing on Victor's lips. 

"Baby?" North asks confused and I can hear the covers rustling in the background as he moves in his bed. "It's almost three in the morning." He whispers into the phone and I nervously bite my lip unsure what to say. "Baby girl did you have another nightmare?" Surprised, I loose focus on chewing my lip and let out a sharp breath. How had he known? 

Victor thankfully, pulls me closer and continues to rub my side keeping the phone to my ear. "Yes." I whisper softly back to North. "It woke me up and Victor then put the phone to my ear... and..." Unsure as to what to say, I pause and there is a soft breath from the other side of the phone. 

"I asked him to give me a call if you had another nightmare." He states his voice soft and comforting letting me know it was okay to call in the middle of the night. "I was worried that it would keep you up since it had been difficult for you to explain what happened." Blushing slightly, I look toward Victor before resting my head back against his chest. 

"Thank you." I whisper to both of the boys. "It makes me feel comforted with both of you so close." Letting out a small yawn, I curl up slightly in the covers and the phone disappears from my ear. 

"North... Yeah she is exhausted. I will get her back to sleep.... Yep... Okay... Bye." I hear Victor hang up the phone before one of his hands carefully touches my back. "Come here, Princess." He whispers softly his hand guiding me to shift so that my back is toward his chest. Once my side touches the bed, both of his hands wrap around my waist and pull my back fully against his chest. Carefully, I shift a little and Victor gently pushes my hair out of my face. 

"Good night Sang." 

Smiling, I let out a sigh of relief as I feel Victor's hands hold me protectively in his arms. "Good night Victor."