Chapter 58: Let's Play a Game

Awaking, I can hear the soft patter of rain on the roof making me smile. It must be late because the entire house is silent unlike before. My mind flutters to the different sounds that fill the house. A clicking of a clock and the soft breath of the male beside me. 

Shifting slightly, the familiar scent of musk washes over me and a gentle hand wraps around my stomach pulling me flush against a warm body. Surprised, my stomach flips slightly as I am shifted onto the muscled chest and a soft kiss is placed on my head. Letting out a held breath, I allow myself to settle into North's chest. 

"Its late baby girl." North's voice is deep and coated with sleep as I feel his fingers slip through my hair. Blushing, I tuck my face into his chest adjusting my legs which seem to be tucked in between his bare ones. I feel him shift the blankets slightly onto me and I relax a bit more. 

"I know." I whisper back now fully awake and I hear a soft chuckle erupt from his chest. Confused, I shift a little placing my hands on his chest to look up forward his voice and a finger finds my cheek and runs down caressing my face. 

"And how would you know this?" North whispers back pushing sleep out of his voice slightly. Smiling slightly I run my fingers slowly over his shirt against his chest getting a slight grumble as his fingers catch my own. 

"I knew from this morning that it was supposed to rain tonight." I whisper in a teasing manner and slowly begin to sit up in bed. I get halfway up when I feel my stomach flip in a not so comforting way but instantly North's chest is against my back keeping me steady. 

"Woah there baby girl." He whispers that familiar hand wrapping around my waist and pulling me back to his chest. Letting out a held breath, I tuck into North's chest as his hands slip over my skin warming it slightly. "It's okay. I am going to lay you down. You need more sleep." Nodding, I allow his fingers to slowly shift behind my back and under my legs before he lifts me easily into the air and lays me back against the pillows.   

Taking a moment to relax, I feel the soft comfort of blankets wrap around me and then the warmth of North's body once more. "Sleep." His voice is soft and comforting as he places a soft kiss on my cheek and then guides me into his chest. Curling up tight, I can't help but feel safe. 

They were so good to me. 

I must have fallen asleep quickly after because the next thing I know, I am sitting up quickly not remembering where I was. Musk fills the air along with the slight scent of dew and the touches from the night before make me shiver. Slipping my legs out of the bed, I make my way to the stairs. 

Taking my time, I smile hearing the comforting voices of Nathan and Kota coming from the kitchen. Running my hands against the wall, I make my way into the kitchen. "Good Morning Sang." Kota's voice is gentle and I smile blushing as I make my way to what I think it the counter. 

Sitting down on a stool, a hand is placed on my back and slowly moved up and down. "Good Morning Peanut. What would you like for breakfast? Kota is cooking some eggs." Smiling, I shake my head and slowly rest my arms on the counter careful not to push anything. 

"I am okay for right now." I respond looking toward Nathan's voice. "I am still waking up. Could you tell me what time it is though?" 

There is a bit of clattering in front of me and I shift slightly so that I am not completely resting on the counter. "It is about 8:30am. Did you sleep well?" Smiling, I nod and run my fingers through my hair slightly before shifting a little. 

"What is the plan for the day?" I ask my fingers fumbling with the counter top. I think it might be marble definitely not wood. 

"Nathan and I were wondering if you wanted to play a game with us." Kota states and suddenly there is a silent pause making me curious. Were they worried about my reaction? Sitting up, I smile and nod. 

"Sure. That sounds like fun. What kind of game?" I ask curious and Nathan shifts besides me slightly excitement in his voice as he responds. 

"We were thinking of hide and seek. There is a forest out back and we want to see if you are able to find us." I can feel shock radiate through my body. They wanted to play hide and seek? In a forest? 

I can feel my mind racing at the thought but I can't help but smile wildly. They were treating me like an equal. They didn't care about the fact that I couldn't see. Taking a breath, I nod my head in agreement. "I agree but... but I want to familiarize myself with the forest first." This game would take agreement on both ends. 

There is a couple of minutes of silence as I wait for a response unsure what the other's are thinking. When Kota speaks, "I agree. It is only fair. But we need to make sure you are okay and not lost. Would you mind taking one of our phones with us?" 

Smiling, I nod and slide off the stool excited. "I am going to head up and get changed." Moving away from the kitchen, I rush up the stairs and into Luke's room and rummage around. Finding a hair tie, I smile and reach around for a brush. 

Putting my hair up into a pony tail, I exit the room and run into a chest. Catching myself from falling, I breath in the soft scent of peaches and I smile. "Gabriel." I whisper and arms wrap around me and spin me around making me giggle. 

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" He laughs putting me back down on my feet. 

"I am going to go exploring for a little while and I was wondering if you had any clothing I could wear that is okay to get dirty." I state and Gabriel pauses for a moment his hands making their way to my hips. 

"Of course..." His voice doesn't cut off though and I know he is nervous. 

"Kota already said that I would take a phone incase something happens or I can't find my way back to the house." I whisper placing my head against his shoulder. 

"I will be safe."