Chapter 82: Realization

Pov: Sang

After checking in on my sleeping gentlemen, I make my way back to the living room where it seems most of the Toma team is. Listening to the sound of the television, I hear a few moments of noise before a second of silence as someone flicks through the channels trying to make up their mind as to what to watch. Smiling, I shift into the kitchen preparing breakfast for my boys in bed when I catch a phrase from who I assume is a news anchorman. "Go back." I state rounding the counter quickly as the male continues to flick through the channels not realizing that I am talking to him. 

"Marc go back." Axel states a little louder this time, drawing the attention of the room but my mind is to focused on the sound of the television. A couple of seconds later, the familiar sound of the anchor man reappears and I can feel my heart beating in my chest. 

"Witnesses reported a series of high speed chases throughout town yesterday. As of now the amount ranges from three to a total of eight occurring around five pm last night. Police have been investigating the strange occurrences and little information about the drivers is known at this time. The police ask that anyone with information please contact their local police departments." 

Thump. 

Thump.

Thump. 

All I seem to hear is my heart racing in my chest. The police were now involved. I mean they had to have been after what occurred yesterday in the streets but that would provoke Bane. No one ran from him. So now the hunt was on and that meant that anyone that if someone stepped in the way would be in danger. Bane could care less about what others thought let alone their lives. He only cared about the end goal...me and my death. 

Feeling hands wrapping around my forearms, I flinch hard lurching away from the hands that seemed to appear out of no where. Trembling, I take a breath trying to figure out what was going on and the scent of gun powder overwhelms my senses. "Malen'kaya ptitsa." Little bird. The Russian's voice quickly invades my sense of hearing and I step into his embrace trembling.

The comforting feeling of rough calloused hands run over the exposed skin of my arms as the Russian wraps me up in a bear hug allowing me to focus my senses once more on the room around me. Resting my head on the hard chest in front of me, I can hear footsteps moving into the room but I don't move from where I stand knowing better than to move without all of my senses back at a hundred percent. 

"What happened?" Axel states quietly and the Russian moves away slightly but guides me with him to what seems to be the couch but to my surprise he wraps me up in another bear hug. Gratefully, I rest in the warmth of his arms as I try to speak my thoughts. 

"Bane has no regard for human life. He doesn't follow the rules and has too much blood on his hands. The police made the wrong move trying to get involved. If one of them crosses paths with Bane there is sure to be blood." I state choosing my words carefully as I focus on the hands that rest on my hips grounding me. 

"Do you think that this man has so much reach that he could harm someone that the police use as an informant?" Axel questions his voice low and calm as he poses the question. 

Looking toward the male's voice I manage a very small smile. "I don't think. I know he has the resources to kill who ever he thinks has wronged him. I wouldn't be this concerned other wise. Bane is a ruthless man with power. He can twist your way of thinking." 

Shaking, I pull away from Raven's touch and glance to the others. "I am sorry to have gotten you all involved. You shouldn't have to deal with this danger." 

"Little bird, if we can help we stay." Raven states with strong conviction. "You are strong and you deal. We deal as well. Don't blame yourself." His accent comes out thick as he does his best not to let emotions overwhelm him and I sense Cory move closer. 

"Thank you." I whisper and move slowly to the right hand side of the room and into the awaiting arms of Victor. His sent of berries and moss overwhelm me and distract me as his arms tighten around me. 

"I have you." Nodding, I do my best to hold in the onslaught of tears threatening to spill over but I hold tight to Victor as he guides me down the hallway to his room before I let out my first sob. How could I have put these wonderful males in this position.