Chapter 16: Salty Sweet Heights

Point of View: Sang 

"Hold still you. And keep silent." His voice echoes in my ears as I struggle against the ropes that hold me flush against the wall. It cuts into my skin, deeper and deeper as I struggle harder and harder. My breath is harsh as I try to get loose but the rope is unforgiving and I am forced to stay on the bed laying face down on a soft white pillow that I had slept on for nights before. 

I had known he was coming and yet I hadn't left because I actually felt safe for once. I was wrong. The second I saw those horrible dark blue eyes looking at me reflected through my apartment window before he came crashing in at me. I close my eyes tight as I feel his fingers slowly running up and down my bare back stopping just before my underwear. 

"Its going to be over in just a minute." He says unhooking my bra straps before running his fingers over my sides. "Now Lidia why are you getting this punishment?" I feel my breath catch in my mouth as I think of what to say when suddenly his hands are in my hair forcing me off the pillows and to arch back painfully as he pulls. 

"NOW LIDIA TELL ME WHY YOU ARE BEING PUNISHED!" He yells louder in my ear and I can instantly feel my ears begin to ring as tears well up in my eyes. I struggle harder but the ropes continue to cut deeper. 

My breath finally manages to escape my lungs but it is too late and something cracks against my back sending pain up my back. Tears fall faster down my cheeks as he continues to scream out at me. "LIDIA I AM PUNISHING YOU BECAUSE YOU LIED TO ME YOU WHORE." He continues to hit me with something that digs into my back. 

I cry out in pain as I struggle to get away. "NO NO I DIDN'T LIE." I let out a mangled cry but he just keeps hitting my back over and over again. 

"You did Lidia and now you must be punished." His voice is deadly and the object comes down again and again only this time harder. 

This continues for what seems like forever when he sits down suddenly on the bed and rubs my back. I am letting out painful breaths as tears continue to stream down my face. "Oh is the little baby crying? I am so sorry little baby but you need to be punished. Hold still this is going to hurt. A lot." My eyes widen and suddenly I feel his legs around my sides and I realize he is sitting on my back. 

Terror runs through my veins as I realize something very bad is about to happen. I struggle hard but when I feel the sharp pain running against my neck. I let out a bloody scream of murder as he continues to run lines with the knife deep through my flesh and across my back. He continues all the way down my back each of the marks deeper than the last. 

I am barely conscious by the end but that is because he stops after a couple of minutes each time to make sure I am awake. He wants me to suffer. I let out a weak breath before I am met with gentle green eyes. Tears slip down my face as I see the darkness eating away at my consciousness. "Avery..." I whisper and then suddenly nothing. 

"Sang?" A voice echoes through the darkness. Confused I continue to float in the silence of pain and then suddenly I feel someone shaking me. 

Suddenly the sleep that had kept me down is gone and I feel a hand touching my bare back. I almost let out a scream when I hear Gabriel's voice clearly in the darkness. "Sang?" Letting out a strangled breath as he removes his hand from my back I manage in a weak voice to speak. 

"Gabriel?" I whisper back and I hear shifting besides me. Trying to move from the bed, I find my legs tangled in the covers when suddenly I feel his hands under my legs and the other on my back. I feel my breath leave me once more as I feel the scars burning but before I can object Gabriel's voice is pulling me back to the present.