Chapter 60: Four Paws

A couple of minutes later, I am standing at the edge of the forest with Gabriel's phone once more in my pocket. I am counting in my head to twenty allowing the boys to try and hide themselves as fast as possible in the trees before I begin to search. I can feel the bubbles of excitement in my stomach as I continue to count reaching 10 Mississippis but I make sure to keep pace with my counting in order to stay fair. 

The rules were that almost everything applies. You could hide just about any where in the forest but you weren't allowed to go pasted because it wasn't Mr. Blackbourne's property. The guys could move their positions and didn't have to stay in one spot. Gabriel had decided against playing hide and go seek tag for right now because he didn't want me shredding any more of the clothing he had for me. (I had managed to rip both the shirt and shorts that he had provided me with earlier this morning.) And finally, no technology could be used. I wasn't dumb and I knew that the boys could totally track where I was with Gabriel's phone sitting in my pocket. 

And with those rules agreed upon, I was now running through the forest as fast as possible to try and find the guys. Making my way to the center of the forest, I stop and take a few long breaths before focusing on the scents around me. Who would be the first to be found? I smile picking up a scent and begin to rush off following my nose. Ducking and dodging different branches, I pause a couple of times to listen to the different sounds of the forest. 

Overall, they are really good. None of them make a lot of sound as they make there way through the leaves and the trees but I can still hear the difference. Not to mention there scents are a dead give away. Moving a bit faster, I pause as I come to a group of bushes and smile. Reaching in, I tap someone's broad back. 

"Found you Kota." I whisper before stepping back and taking another breath catching the scent of someone close by as well. Before, I begin to move, however, I am wrapped up in the smooth and gentle arms of Kota. Relaxing slightly into the hug, I rest my head against his chest.

"You did a great job finding me." He whispers into my ear distracting me and causing my heart to pound that much harder in my chest. He was so close. His breath on my neck. Blushing hard, I slowly hug him back. 

"You did a great job hiding." I state happy that he didn't take the loss as hard as I thought he would. I knew that guys could definitely get competitive in these situations. Releasing me from the hug, I can feel a smile coming from Kota before I catch another scent. 

"Come on. We have to find the others still." Making my way in the direction of the smell, I move slower this time so that Kota stays close to me. He doesn't ask how I know what direction I am going in but I get the feeling he is observing my movements. Stopping at a tree that has fallen down, I freeze as I hear a loud growling sound in front of us. 

Instantly my heart is pounding in my chest as I realize that there is another animal in the forest and I raise a hand in warning to Kota. Moving as silently as possible, I am unsure where the animal is but I can smell Gabriel a couple of inches away in a group of trees. Placing a hand on his side, his hand is instantly in mine and he quietly guides me back to Kota. 

"What do we fucking do?" Gabriel whispers his voice clearly on edge as we hear another growl off the the left. Kota shifts to my other side as I pull out Gabriel's phone from my pocket. 

"What type of animal is it?" I whisper even softer as I hand Kota the phone. I can hear typing on the other end and then soft footsteps. "Tell them to stop moving." I instantly whisper trying to keep everyone safe. Instantly there is more tapping and the footsteps stop.

"I think its a coyote." Kota whispers back and I nod slowly my heart racing with fear. Shaking negative thoughts out of my head, I try to think of a way to get us all out of the forest without being hurt when I suck in a sharp breath. 

"Sang?" Gabriel whispers his voice filled with worry and I shake my head looking toward Kota's voice. 

"The oak tree." I whisper quickly. "We need to get to the oak tree. Let Nathan and Victor that they should head toward the oak. We can climb its branches and at least be off the ground." I state quickly. 

"Good idea." Kota whispers but Gabriel's voice cuts through. 

"Run!" He practically yells and suddenly I hear the pounding of multiple feet heading toward us. Taking off as fast as possible, I feel Kota's hand wrap tightly around my own as we begin to dash across the forest as fast as possible. 

"Kota! Gabe! This way!" Nathan's voice can be heard a head as we approach the tree. The scent of berries fills the air and I know that Victor is already safe. Breathing hard, I quickly reach up and grab the first branch as we slow to a stop and begin to climb. 

By the time, I make it to the third branch, hands are wrapping around me and I am tucked into Nathan's side. Breathing hard, I can hear the angry growls down below us making me tremble. Tucking myself farther into Nathan, I can just make out Kota's voice. 

"Mr. Blackbourne. We have a problem." 

Point of View: Mr. Blackbourne

Pulling up at the hospital, I open the car door and make my way to Sean's station. He was supposed to have gotten off at noon but knowing him he had probably gotten caught in something else, leaving me to sit and wait. Avoiding different people rushing around the city hospital, I manage to make my way to his office without banging into someone. 

Opening the door, I frown seeing it empty and I rub my forehead upset. Where was he? Closing the door once more, I lean against the wall to take a moment and ping his cell phone when I hear a soft cough from besides me. Surprised, I turn and find a small little girl in pink and purple pajamas standing besides me. She couldn't be more then four or five years old. 

Not seeing anyone around her, I kneel down and smile as she waves slightly at me. "Little one, where is your mommy?" I question trying my best to not scare the little thing. Her blonde hair is hanging loose at her shoulders as her fingers instantly go to her mouth so that she can suck on her thumb. Seeing her shrug slightly, I wrap my arms around her and carefully lift her up. 

Almost instantly, she curls into my side sucking on her thumb seeming to be exhausted when I spot another blonde mess of curls rushing toward us. Rolling my eyes, I see Dr. Green's eyes widen in surprise as he slows to a stop in front of me. "Making friends Owen?" He teases and I roll my eyes as I rock the little girl in my arms. 

"Well since a certain Doctor is late, I had some free time." I throw back at him and he laughs softly before guiding me down the hallway to the waiting room where a young mother is looking around panicked.  Moving toward her, I gently hand over the little girl nodding at her thank yous before I guide Sean to the car. 

But before we can even open the doors my phone rings and I frown. "Yes Mr. Coleman." Sean throws me a questioning glance. 

"Mr. Blackbourne, we have a problem." Mr. Lee's voice states quickly over the phone and I can hear a growling and barking noise in the background.