Chapter 21: Shopping

Point of View: Sang 

My mind swirls with the different thoughts and questions that appear out of thin air and it isn't until I feel Silas's hand cups my cheek that I realize I have been sitting in silence for a little while. "Sang..." His voice is soft and trying to draw me back out of my shell that I have curled back up into. Looking toward Silas's voice, I can feel my breathing get ragged and I quickly turn away and rest my head against the couch trying to calm down when I smell the faint scent of apples return to the living room. 

"Sang?" Gabriel's voice is calm but I can hear it hike up another notch as he approaches his hand slipping over my shoulder and then to my cheek. "What happened?" He whispers gently shifting me a little closer to the couch in order to rest comfortably. My body trembles a little as my mind flashes back to the memories of my old life but I can still hear the boys talking besides me. 

"She knows me..." Silas whispers his voice deep with worry. There is a second of silence before Gabriel takes a sharp breath. 

"What?" Gabriel asks confused gently running a hand up and down my side as I try and calm down my ragged breathing.  

"She said she has seen me before." Silas whispers, his voice filled with disbelief, as he gently slips his hand into mine, his thumb rubbing small circles in the palm of my hand allowing me to focus on the comfort. "She touched my face as though she was searching for something and she was easily able to find the scars that I got while I was in Greece with my brother and father... Gabe she has seen me before."

The image of Silas moving around in that store only a couple minutes drive from my hom- my birth place makes me suck in a sharp breath. Quickly, I move to stand needing to move away from the conversation but Gabriel's hands catch my waist and pulls me close to his chest. "Hey... Hey..." He whispers softly into my ear and I feel myself cling to his shirt for a moment before I let go and look to him. 

"I'm okay. I just need to go wash my face... we are still going right?" I look to Gabriel and I hear a moment of silence before I smile and quickly flee from the scene moving to the bathroom. 

"Hey Sang thank you for-" The voice is Dr. Green's but I don't wait as I rush into the bathroom and close the door behind me locking it. Taking a slow breath, I lean against the sink and turn on the water before dipping my hands under. The cold water quickly brings me out of my memories and I splash it onto my face carefully resting my head on the counter for a moment when a knock on the bathroom door quickly distracts me. 

"Sang?" Dr. Green's voice brings me a little comfort and I quickly turning off the water and dabbing my face with a towel before opening the door. 

Smiling, I lean against the doorway toward Dr. Green's voice. "I am alright." I state easily and smile. "It was just a little bit of a shock that I had seen Silas before." I state and smile looking up to the male. Dr. Green stays silent as I lie though my teeth and I quickly dismiss myself and move into the living room where I smell a mixture of scents. "Are we ready to go?" I ask quietly and I hear shifting but everyone is silent. 

"Of course Sang." Gabriel steps up cutting through the silence and I feel a little better as his hands slip into mine in a comforting manor. I rest my head against his shoulder slightly and he carefully slips his arm around my waist bringing me against him as though he wanted to take the weight of my memories away from me. "Silas is going to join us as well alright?" Surprised, I look in the other boys direction and nod. 

"No worries. I have to make sure that I get to work soon though." I state and there is more silence and I stand there awkwardly looking at the floor. 

"Sang..." Luke's voice is clear and gentle as he shifts from the couch and steps toward me. "Are you sure you're alright?" He asks and gently wraps me up in a large bear hug making me relax instantly. Gabriel's hands slowly release me however, I can still feel his presence close to my side making me comfortable. 

"Yes I promise Luke." I smile as we pull apart and I look to him. "I was a little shaken at the realization that I had seen Silas." I glance to Silas and smile softly. "I am sorry for my reaction. I am sure you are wondering where and when but for right now would you allow me time to process?" I ask quietly my fingers playing with the sweatshirt. 

The soft scent of ocean water washes over me and I curl up into Silas's chest as he wraps me up in his arms rubbing my back slowly. "You don't have to worry about it. When you feel comfortable you tell me. We are not going anywhere." He whispers and I smile nodding as we shift to the door. 

"Okay enough let's head out. We need to get this girl decent clothing before she heads to work." Gabriel states. After a few more hugs and a few promises to visit Dr. Green at the hospital and give them both a call when I get out of work, I find myself curled up in the front seat of a sedan that smells completely of ocean waves and listening to soft rock music from the radio. 

"Where are we going?" I ask quietly and Gabriel shifts behind me a little. 

"The mall." Gabriel states with happy excitement and the car seems to pause as I assume we pull into the parking lot. Frowning, I hesitate to get out of the car and I hear Silas smirk. 

"No worries Sang. I will save you." Silas whispers and I giggle slipping out of the car. I soon realized that Silas wasn't kidding for I was dragged into a store after store and in seconds, each times I am holding a thousand things to try on, thanks to Gabriel. We quickly set up a system as I would only open the door and stand in the doorway since I no longer had my cover up on to hide the scars on my back. Silas had taken a step back so that I felt comfortable enough to show off the back to Gabriel. Everything was going well until we entered the fourth store. Standing in the changing stall, I freeze as I hear a knock on the door. "Miss is everything alright?" My heart pounds in my chest and I quickly let go of the dress and step away from the door. 

"Yes Ma'am." I whisper back a little nervous wondering why Gabriel or Silas didn't stop her from approaching but the woman doesn't move away from the side of the door. 

"I shooed those guys away from the door. So there is nothing to worry about take your time." She says and then disappears from the doorway leaving me terrified. She had shooed them away. The words echo through my head for a little while until I actually process them. 

Quickly opening the door, I step out of the changing room and take a deep breath. Instantly my heart sinks as the scent of apples and the scent of ocean waves is gone. "Silas?" I call out worried as I search the store. "Gabriel?" I call out. Soon, I carefully make my way out of the store and start to maneuver my way slowly around the mall trying my best to pick up the scent when someone bumps into me sending me crashing to the ground. 

"Watch it!" The male yells as he rushes by and I sit on the ground for the moment stunned. Did they leave me? Did they get tired? How was I going to get back home? Taking a shaky breath, I slowly begin to stand back up when the scent of ocean rushes over me and I am wrapped up in Silas's arms. 

"Thank god." He whispers bringing me closer to his chest and lifting me easily up into his arms. The feeling of his body pressed so closely to mine surprises me for a moment before I realize just who it is and I cling tightly to his shoulders and back.

"Silas?" I whisper and he pulls me even closer to his chest his hand holding the back of my head. 

"Thank god your okay." He whispers placing a soft kiss on my cheek.