Chapter 25: She is different.

Point of View: Kota Lee

Leaning against the wall far across the room, I watch as Sang quietly tells us about what happened during her day but my mind is else where. This girl was skilled beyond belief. It surprised me how strong she was even though she had so many barriers blocking her way. My eyes slowly scanned the room looking at all of my brothers. They could see it as well. She was special. Nothing like anything we had ever experienced before. 

She was able to see us and feel our emotions even though she could not physically see from her own eyes. Her scars ran as deep as ours if not deeper and yet she was still able to smile as though nothing had ever happened. She was able to forgive and look past the fact we had hidden our relationships from her because the trust she had in us was so strong... so pure. 

Meeting Mr. Blackbourne's deep grey eyes I could tell he also was thinking similar thoughts. But one thing was for certain it was as though she belonged with us. She easily fit in with our group. Sang was definitely special. 

Stepping forward I gently place a hand on Victor's shoulder, pulling myself back into the conversation and I quickly asked how she got here. The answer startled all of us. She had walked. Instantly my mind started to calculate the distance as Silas questioned her farther. The average distance by walking to this apartment was more than two miles filled with stop lights and thousands of people. I glanced to Dr. Green and then Mr. Blackbourne before looking back to her. This girl had walked by herself through New York without anyone with her to Gabriel and Luke's apartment. 

Taking a minute to process the information, I couldn't help but feel bewildered. This girl was much stronger than I had given her credit for when I had first met her. Flashing back I remember that small girl curled tightly against Silas's chest in a fit of discomfort in the middle of the crowded mall. 

At first I didn't even think it was Silas but when I approached and heard his thick accent I knew I hadn't been mistaken and then seeing that sash on Sang's eyes brought everything into perspective. This small girl had been the one to send Gabriel to his knees with love and worry. He even had brought Luke along with him. Which I figured at the time could be easily explained but now seeing all of these males in the room I knew she was different. She wasn't weak. She was strong as nails. 

Pulling myself to the present I caught a worried glance from Victor who hadn't moved from Sang's side. Frowning at his worried look I nodded to him and waved him toward the hallway. Stepping away from the group, I study my brother's body language as we lean against the walls of the hallway. From here I can still hear the others talking but as I meet the bright fiery eyes of Victor I know something is going on his brain... something calculating which was making his brain turn. "What are you thinking?" I ask. 

I take notice of an quick moment of hesitation and I see Victor glance back to Sang before looking to me. "She walks everywhere throughout the city. She even walked here." Victor restates outlaid and I frown confused. Nodding, my eyes narrowing as I follow along with what Victor is getting at. "If someone were to be following her from that gang we are tracking she would be an easy target." He continues giving me slight clues as to what he is getting at before he pauses again to look back toward Sang who is curled up in North's arms talking to him quietly. 

"That would then mean that the person or people tracking her would have been following her throughout the city." I state putting the pieces together. Taking a moment to think it over I nod to Victor. "Go digging in the security system around the city. See if we can catch a glimpse of the gang before Sang was pushed." Victor nods and rushes into Gabriel's room to start the search and I move back into the living room my mind spinning with this new information.

If Victor was correct not only could our positions be exposed but Sang could be in even bigger danger if they knew we would be affected by everything she experiences. Letting out a soft breath, I try to calm down as I enter back into the space and I can feel Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne's eyes on me as I make may way toward the couch. 

Watching, I notice as Sang shifts feeling my presence in the room and she follows my movement. "Are you okay?" I ask politely as I sit on the coffee table before Sang. I try and keep my feelings on the back burner as I converse with her. I can tell she is relaxed but I know that deep inside she is super scared still. Watching her body language I watch her tense and then relax before looking directly at me. 

"I am." She says straightening herself out a bit and I can tell she is already reading my tone. "What questions do you have for me?" Sang whispers and I see North and Gabriel's eyes widen in both anger and surprise. 

"I was wondering if you had felt as though someone had been following you the last couple of weeks." I state carefully choosing my words as I look toward Gabriel and North shooting them warning glares. As much as we were all attached to this bird we still had a job to complete. "Anything different than usual? Did you take a different route? Did you smell something different?"  

There is a moment of silence but Sang sighs. "I run into a lot of scents outside." She admits looking a little defeated and I watch as her fingers fiddle with nervousness. "I do know that I always take the same way to work. I don't think I have ever really varied from my schedule either." And I watch as her body stiffens and she moves to the edge of the couch looking straight at me. "You think that is how they knew about my apartment..." Her voice is barely a whisper as she puts the pieces together as well and I bite my lip not saying anything. But that must give her clarification because she is then suddenly standing before me and rushing to the door before any of us can react. 

Quickly following her, I wrap an arm around her waist before she can move to far away from the couch. "Wait." I whisper softly pulling her small frame back into my chest and I freeze for a moment. I can feel the well defined scars through the fabric of Silas's sweatshirt. Pushing the horrible thoughts out of my head, I slip a hand to her hip and guide her to face me. "Miss Sang." I whisper taking her fingers in my hands and squeezing them softly. Her face is pale as it rushes through a number of different scenarios and I know she is panicking as I hear her voice hiccup. 

"Wh-what if..." She begins but I gently draw her attention back to her fingers. 

"Sang count with me." I whisper pulling her out of her thoughts as I run my fingers over her own soft fingers. "One." I touch her thumb and hear her breath hitch a little. "Two." I touch her pointer finger. "Three." I touch her middle finger. My eyes are focused on her as I count and soon I in turn see her mouthing the numbers. "Nine." I whisper touching her ring finger and she is calm once more. 

"Ten." She whispers back and I gently pull her into my chest for a hug. 

"I didn't mean to scare you." I whisper softly into her ear. "I didn't want you to be afraid but there is a possibility that the person who did trash your apartment followed you." Running my hands gently up and down her back, I pull away a little looking straight at her covered eyes. "And from the way you just reacted I can tell that you also know that someone could have possibly done this." 

Instantly I feel her body tense in my hold and I know she isn't ready to share just yet. Pulling her back, I hug her once more before guiding her to the couch. "I won't push you for the information. But if you think you know who it is Sang. Please you must tell us. We want to help you."