Chapter 50: Family Meeting

POV: Mr. Blackbourne 

Rounding up the boys, I take a seat on the recliner at the side of the room. The living room is set up like a "u" shape with the television and stone fireplace at the front, making it perfect for family meetings. With two long couches, two recliners, and a love seat, Gabriel had out done himself once again. My eyes scan over the boys for a moment before letting out a slow breath. Worry was easily read on each of their faces and I bet I could find it on my face as well. Hearing footsteps on the wood stairs behind us, I turn and spot Sean approaching us. His eyes meet mine for only a moment and I realize that he wasn't successful in talking to Miss. Sang about what had happened. 

Leaning back in my chair, I watch as he takes his seat next to Kota and leans back into the couch closing his eyes. There is a moment of silence before, Sean begins to speak as to what has happened. "She is resting upstairs with Nathan and her fever is higher than before. I wasn't able to ask about how she was feeling or about the people who were following us. I believe she has severe anxiety about  bringing us into her issues." 

My eyes instantly move to Mr. North Taylor as he tenses in his seat his mind working over the different possibilities to catch these followers. Glancing back to Sean, I begin to evaluate the situation to the group. "We know from what Sang has shared that she was involved in a murder trial in which she was one of the star witnesses. But as we had thought, her name was completely erased from the entire case and all that was left was a single picture which Victor has taken down." I let out a slow breath letting everyone process before continuing. "The authorities were involved some how and are assumed to have moved her around the country for protection but since then they have completely disappeared from Sang's side. Avery was put in as Sang's handler but from recent events it is clear that she is not working with the authorities but possibly with the man Sang had put in jail." Pausing I glance about the room and watch as Mr. Gabriel Coleman tries to hold in his outrage. 

"We are still missing pieces of the story." Mr. Kota Lee states taking over the review of information. His fingers press against the bridge of his nose as he speaks knowing that what he has to say is going to be painful to hear. "Sang is the key however and we must keep her safe. It is obvious she is beginning to trust us but we must be careful not to push her to much. We have already stepped on her privacy only last night." 

"Fucking hell. This is just so fucking messed up." Mr. Coleman states his filter completely gone. "We need to just catch these fucking stalkers. They are obviously trying to harm Trouble." 

"Trouble?" North mutters unhappily about the nickname and I quickly interject before more yelling begins. 

"Mr. Coleman because we don't know what these stalkers are after we can't just catch one of them without revealing that we are becoming involved in what ever their plan may be. For right now we have to keep our heads down and make sure to keep each other safe. Sang has obviously become very important to all of us so we need to make sure that she is safe and comfortable with us. The more comfortable she becomes the more she will be willing to open up to us." I state and a number of a heads begin to move up and down. 

"We need to talk about Ashley Waters." Victor states in a more reserved way and all heads shoot over to him. "Gabe came to me earlier when Sang had mentioned Ashley Waters to him. We are unsure of the connection at the current moment but Sang knows of the school. She has mentioned she has a sister down in that area and we know she also has at least seen Silas before as well. I am making an assumption but it sounds like she has been in South Carolina at least for some part of her life so if anyone of you notices something let us know." 

"I am also worried about Sang's health." Sean states drawing all eyes once more. "It is obvious the scars on her back have caused some sort of nerve damage so just checking in with her once and a while is a good idea. In addition, her anxiety might sometimes cause her to shut down. Always feel free to ask her if she needs a moment to take a break. I am sure she will appreciate it." 

Nodding, I glance around the safe house and take a slow breath before continuing. "Okay so for this week we need to lay low but we also have our routines as well as some jobs." Pulling out my phone, I watch as Victor also pulls out his computer pulling up our schedules. 

"Gabriel has one job pending. Victor has two jobs and a concert request. Silas and North have three jobs. Kota has two jobs. Nathan has two jobs. Luke has three jobs. Sean has meetings at all hours. I have three jobs and a number of meetings." I state reviewing my emails from the Academy members in the state. Watching as the other's take out their phones, I send them their scheduling for their different jobs. "Everyone's schedule is planned out so that at least two of us can be at home at a time with Sang." 

Glancing around, I spot Victor's pale face and quickly pull up his schedule and frown.  Between the schedule that the Academy had given and the schedule his mother had sent over he had an hour of free time not even. The woman was trying to run him into the ground. 

"Okay before I dismiss. Mr. Lee and Mr. Korba be sure to check in at home. Mr. Coleman start making a shopping list for Miss. Sang we are going to send you out as soon as possible since Miss. Sang has little to no clothing. Mr. North Taylor and Mr. Luke Taylor I am going to send you both out to get groceries in a little while. Please be sure you are ready to go. With that you have the rest of the day free." 

Dismissing the other's, I stand and move over to Mr. Morgan and place a hand on his shoulder. Meeting those dull brown eyes, I can tell he is already overwhelmed. "Come." I state and make my way back to my bedroom. Spotting Mr. Morgan taking a seat on the bed, I close the door and step forward taking a seat next to him opening up the schedule. 

"What do you think you can manage?" I state pressing the weekly schedule button. 

There is a moment of silence and as I turn to meet Victor I can see frustration and pain written clear across his face. Putting my phone down, I shift kneeling down before Victor, studying him carefully, I can tell he is fighting with himself and trying to figure out what would be best.  His mother isn't helping his situation by filling up all of his free time.

"Mr. Morgan would you like to sleep on it?" I ask. 

With a nod, Victor exits the room as quickly as he entered and I frown. Things were definitely changing.