Chapter 27: Getting Situated

Point of View: Sang 

Curling back up in the couch, I rest against North's large muscular arm for a moment before he slips his arm carefully around my back pulling me closer to his chest. Shifting a little, I carefully rest my head on his chest my mind spinning with the information given to me. How had this muscular and powerful male been abused? Resting my head slightly on his chest, I allow myself to focus on his heart beat as the exhaustion of walking and crying washes over me. 

"Baby girl..." The gruff voice of North washes over me as his hand lightly trails up and down my side. I can feel myself giving into exhaustion and his gentle intimate touch is comforting. 

"I'm awake." I whisper ever so quietly and I can feel North's chest vibrate with a chuckle. 

"Barely." He whispers back in a teasing manor making me giggle as he nuzzles his nose into my hair. Those muscular arms keeping me tight against his chest easily scoop me up and place a hand on  as he gently pulls me into his lap. I feel a soft kiss being placed on my forehead as he carefully lifts me up and carries me out of the room and into Gabriel's bedroom. 

Feeling the comfort of the soft mattress and covers under me, I instantly curl up as a soft throw pillow is wrapped around me and I feel a large dip in the bed besides me. Smiling, I am pulled into the comfort of North's arms once more and rest my forehead against his chest once more. "You know you don't have to stay in bed with me..." I whisper softly to him gently running a hand up and down his muscular chest. 

North's chest tightens at my touch and his hand carefully catches mine and he brings it easily to his lips. Blushing, I curl up a little more as he gently places my hand on his side and carefully rubs my side in return. "I know I don't." He purrs pulling me closer. "But I heard that a certain someone gets nightmares..." 

I can feel my chest tighten in worry at this and I quickly sit up in the bed. I feel North follow behind me and the atmosphere shift from intimate to tense. "So I assume everyone knows now..." I whisper running a hand through my hair. A million things are going through my mind and the fact that everyone will know everything I do makes me a little uncomfortable. 

"Sang the guys and I are not like usual friends." North explains quickly his voice filled with worry as well as a bit of panic. "I understand your a little uncomfortable but Sang we are a family here. It isn't like we are ratting out each other left and right. We talk about our lives with each other." I bite my lip hard thinking this over and I turn back to North. 

"Could I have a moment North..." I state my head hanging down. I need a moment just a moment to myself to think over what everyone is telling me. Overwhelmed, I pause for a moment as I feel the air grow even more tense before North gently rubs his hand up and down my side in assurance before stepping out of the room.  

Hearing the sound of footsteps move away from the door, I take a moment to gather a breath before curling up on the side of the bed tears forming in my eyes. They were family. That was what North had stated and the sad thing was I could never understand what he meant. 

My family had been turned upside down when I was younger and nothing could repair that relationship now. So when North had said they were like family I couldn't even respond for I didn't even know what family felt like. Avery was the closest thing to family but I knew that she really could never be considered it. Thinking of Avery caused even more tear to form in my eyes and they quickly spilled over. Wrapping my arms around one of the pillows on Gabriel's bed, I pull it close to me as I slowly count.

By number ten I am able to relax fully and the tears have thankfully stopped falling. Smiling, I think of Kota in the mall and remind myself to thank him for the tip later. Standing, I move to the door and freeze when the soft scent of Irish Spring Soap fills the air. Opening the door a little, I look up toward Mr. Blackbourne a small smile on my lips. 

"Miss Handerson..." He states a little surprised. "Is everything alright? Mr. Taylor said that you asked to be alone. I understand meeting all of us is a little overwhelming to say the least but I want to make sure you know that we only have the best intentions." Under the polite tone of voice, I can hear the hints of worry in Mr. Blackbourne's voice and smile softly in response. 

"I am alright Mr. Blackbourne." I state easily looking to the male. "I got a little overwhelmed when I had found out North had found out about my nightmares. I would have liked to share that with everyone when I was ready. But I understand you all are a family and share different scenarios that may be concerning. " Taking a slow breath, I open the door a little allowing Mr. Blackbourne into the room but the male doesn't move into the room but instead moves to my side and wraps me up in a comforting hug. 

"I put you in another uncomfortable position and for that Miss. Handerson I am very sorry. But I honestly don't want you suffering from those horrible dreams." Hearing the sincerity in his voice I nod melting a little into his gentle embrace before he pulls away, his hands resting on my shoulders. "When you are comfortable." He whispers and then moves back to the doorway before pausing once more. "I will send Mr. Taylor back in." 

Nodding, I smile moving back to the bed and curl up under the covers. It isn't a second later that I hear the heavy footsteps of North coming down the hall and his musky scent filling the air. "Baby girl?" He whispers moving to the bed and placing a gentle hand on my side. 

"North..." I whisper feeling the exhaustion taking over fully this time. 

"Just sleep baby girl. I will stay with you." He whispers placing a very soft kiss on my neck as I quickly fade out of this one and into the dream world. 

"Sang... Sang..." The distant voice of someone draws me awake from my horrible state. Opening my eyes slightly I am suddenly blinded. Letting out a soft groan of pain, I try again a few seconds later and the room I am in comes into focus. The ceiling is paneled and a similar style from what I have seen before. 

Looking around the white room, my eyes fall upon those of a nurse at my side. She wears greens as though she has just come out of surgery and her hair is pulled back into a high pony tail. "Just relax Miss Handerson." She whispers writing down information on a chart and I look around a bit more. 

Everything looks white and clean as I suddenly realize where I am. Quickly pushing off the covers, I pull up the white and green gown and find a thousand or so bandaged covering my body. Tears begin to run down cheeks as I suck in more oxygen from the small tube that is up my nose. 

"Miss!" The nurse calls out trying to comfort me but then there is movement on the left side of the room and we both turn meeting the deep blue eyes of an older male who is sitting calmly in the seat besides my bed. 

"Nurse you may go." He states calmly his eyes focused on me as he talks not even paying any attention to the nurse who is rushing about. 

"But-" The nurse begins to complain but with a sharp look from the male sitting before me she quickly exits the room. Laying back against the hospital bed, I turn to look at the male my eyes focusing on his business suite and his professional attire. 

"Miss. Sorenson. I would like to offer you a deal." He states.