Chapter 73: Lilies and Tea Leaves

POV: Sang 

Hearing a sharp intake of breath, I wait for the Russian to move out of the way but instead I am met with laughter from another unknown voice. Biting my lip, I step back slightly as the deep rough voice echoes through the hallway.

"You could have fucking told me that she could speak Russian. You son of a bitch." He states but I can tell by a slight undertone of his voice that he is still amused by the situation.

"Didn't know." The other voice states and I bite my lip loosing patience when suddenly the scent of leather and cypress washes over my scenes.

"Nathan? Who is this?" I state cautiously, trying to keep my tone even in front of the two unknowns in front of me. I knew better than to swear back at the Russian before me, the dangerous aura was there even if I chose to ignore it.

"These are some friends of ours Sang. Raven would you move and let Sang Baby in. She shouldn't have to deal with you on top of the day she has had." North states appearing from what I hope is deeper inside of the apartment. 

Hearing a slight scoffing sound, I quickly step into the entrance and North's hand wraps around my own. "You can take your shoes off right there, if you want. The flooring of the apartment is mostly wood but its heated."

Nodding, I slide off my shoes before the Russian has time to recover. "She will have to deal with my shit since you guys thought it would be a good thing to come to us. Shouldn't you be a little more grateful you little shit?" As the male swears, his accent gets heavier and North steps in front of me to intervene as Nathan quickly leads me out of the room.

"What is going on?" I question quietly and Nathan snorts softly as he continues to guide me.

"Long story peanut. Those two definitely don't get along. But, and North will never admit it, we need their skills. " I can hear a hint of humor behind his words but only more questions appear in my mouth.

Biting my lip, I continue to ramble as we move deeper into the room. "But if North doesn't get along with them.." I stop, however when I take in all of the familiar scents and a few unfamiliar ones.

"Dont worry about North, Cupcake. He will be okay." Giving up the fight for now, I make my way very slowly toward Luke's voice who quickly closes the gap in between us and wraps me up in a hug.

Squeezing him hard, I look toward the unknown scent sources and give an embarrassed smile. "I am sorry for us barging into your home."

"Woah! How did she know I was standing here?!? I didnt even say a word." The voice states and I frown glancing to Luke who gives me a reassuring squeeze. 

"Mr. Toma I believe we should have a meeting. I think we need to clear up a few things with the group." Mr. Blackbourne's voice is clear and crisp as he steps into the room. 

"I agree." The voice is deep and has a stern crisp edge to it but leaves a smokey feeling as well. Turning to meet the voice, I can feel his eyes focused upon me even though I am unable to see them. Taking a slow breath, I am lead to one of the couches and curl up between Silas and Nathan when a familiar scent wafts in through the door. 

Lilies and Tea Leaves. 

 Rushing to my feet, I look toward the scent. "What is going on? I thought the Blackbourne team was focusing on the sudden incidences in the city?" Marc's voice easily slips through the air a sense of confusion filling his voice. 

"That would because of me." I state clearly cutting into the conversation. 

"Sang?" Marc's voice freezes and I carefully take a seat once more as the rest of the group joins us. "Are you alright? Have you been with the Blackbourne Team this entire time? Avery has been out of her mind with worry, you know she is looking for you right?"

Looking for me.

As soon as the words hit the air, I can feel everyone tense. North begins swearing in Greek, Gabriel is out right swearing, Kota is quietly counting, and the others are painfully silent. My mind spins with a thousand different questions when suddenly Silas's arms wrap around me and draw me into his side. "Take a breath Aggele Mou." He whispers. 

"Mr. Weiland does she know that you are getting together with us today?" Mr. Blackbourne states cutting everyone off. 

"Yes. Why?" Marc states and my heart rate spikes.