Chapter 78: Together

Victor

Leaning on North, we make our way up to the safe house and into the living area that is attached to the kitchen. Pain radiates through my sides as I move but I keep silent as I spot Mr. Blackbourne with blood all over his shirt making his way over. North carefully has me sit on the couch and I can tell he is barely containing his worry, his protective side fully kicking in for me and our brothers. 

"North, go." I whisper as soon as I am sitting and North's eyes widen for a minute as he tries to determine what I am thinking. "Check in with everyone. Tell me what is happening." I state giving North an excuse. Realizing I am giving him an out to check over the others, he gives me a grunt before rushing out of the apartment to help the others.

Taking a slow painful breath, I lean back into the couch trying to gather my thoughts when I hear movement. Opening my eyes, I find Mr. Blackbourne in front of me his grey dress shirt covered in blood. Instantly, I am on high alert. "Kota has a head wound. Sean is checking him over." He states keeping his voice even and calm letting me know it wasn't as serious as it looks. 

Another shaky breath makes its way through my chest, as I try and process what is occurring and Mr. Blackbourne, sensing my shock. "Are you hurt?" He states keeping his voice calm as he kneels down trying to keep me focused on something else. 

"My sides." I whisper rubbing my face an overwhelming feeling of emotion washing over me. "Have you heard anything about Sang?" My heart pounds in my chest worried about my little princess. 

"Raven called." Mr. Blackbourne admits waving Brandon over toward us. "He said that Silas is passed out in the back and Sang is hidden behind his chair. Both are not responding to his verbal queues. Sean knows and is waiting for them downstairs." Nodding, I slowly take the information in as Brandon hands something to Mr. Blackbourne. 

"Mr. Morgan." Glancing up, I meet Brandon's eyes instead who quickly holds up the bruising gel that Doc makes us carrying around. Nodding, I carefully shift forward on the couch and begin to remove my shirt with the help of Mr. Blackbourne. "Lay still. I am going to apply it since it looks like you have bruising on your back as well." 

Nodding, I carefully flip myself over and lay on my stomach when I hear another rush of footsteps. Feeling Mr. Blackbourne disappear from my side, I glance up to Brandon who is applying the ointment. 

"It's North with Luke, Gabriel, Nathan, Cory, and Mark." He states as he continues to rub in the ointment refusing to let me up. "Blackbourne took Gabriel into the back room with Green. North is caring for Luke, Mark is helping Cory, and Nathan is headed our way. 

"Vic?" Nathan's voice is barely a whisper and instantly I have pushed past Brandon. 

"I'm good. Just bruises." I whisper back making room for the other who also removes his shirt revealing bruising on his chest and back in the shape of a seat belt.  Brandon quickly starts applying ointment to Nathan and I glance to Luke who is sitting on the counter with North in front of him blocking him from view. 

"He is okay." Nathan whispers following my view. "He got a black eye from Gabe after we took a sudden turn. Gabe ripped a few stitches because of it as well." Doing my best to process all the information electricity suddenly runs through the air cutting off everyones thoughts. 

Instantly our entire team is standing but as we all begin to move toward the door Mr. Blackbourne's voice erupts from the back corner of the room. "North and Brandon go. Everyone else stay. We can't crowd the car and we can't draw attention." North and Brandon dash out of the apartment and Mark appears in front of me. 

It is as if the entire room freezes. No one moves and no one breaths until the sound of footsteps are heard entering the apartment. Standing, I watch as Raven and Axel help Silas into the kitchen and my heart drops as North enters in behind him holding a small bundle in his hands.  

"North?" I whisper breaking the silence as I shoot up from my seat ignoring the pain that radiates through my sides. 

"I'm okay." Turning, the small girl basically breaks my heart as I catch a look at the scratched up face but there is a smile on her wonderful lips letting me know that everything is going to be okay. 

Taking a breath, I basically collapse back into couch. My family was back together. A bit bruised but we were finally back together.