Chapter 20 - Revelations

Hey everyone!

Hope you're enjoying reading more about Michael and Angela, I know I've missed writing their story ❤️

I'm slowly running out of mature era pics, which is becoming problematic so I'm compromising with paparazzi pictures 😅

Enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment & vote!

Love,
~ShoamEmily

~

29th of August, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Michael: The air knocked out of my lungs when I heard Jake's voice.

What the hell is this?

"Jake?" I asked.

The phone went silent, and Angela looked at me sympathetically. She was holding back the tears.

"Mike?" Jake cut the silence. "Oh, my... It's so good to hear your voice. Happy birthday, man."

"Jake." I said again.

"Yeah, Mike, it's me."

My wife squeezed my shoulder, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I was still processing."

"H- how?" I looked at her. My head started to ache.

"Mike, I can explain everything-" Jake started, but Angela cut him off.

"I'll do it, Jakey. Give us a few minutes and I'll call you back. Okay?"

"Sure, Angie. And Mike- I'm really sorry about it all."

Angela put the phone down on the table, then grabbed my face with her two hands. She looked me straight in the eyes and placed a kiss on my lips, but I wasn't paying attention to her. My mind was racing.

Jake is alive. He's alive, and he sounded well. When did Angela find out? Did she know all along? No, there's no way-

"Michael, please look at me," she begged, sniffling. "I know you're confused, but I was confused too. It all happened so fast, I wanted to tell you but Jake swore me not to. He said no else can know."

I broke out of my trance, finally looking at her. Her blue eyes were flooded with tears. I then realized that this was the reason she's been so distant lately. I knew something happened in Alaska.

I inhaled deeply, hoping to calm down my heartbeat. "When did this happen? In Alaska?"

My wife nodded, "I found out that day I went shopping. I was gathering groceries when I heard his voice. And then- then I saw him. He was talking to this old lady who asked him for help. I blacked out immediately after that and woke up to him. I was sure I died, because there was no way he was alive, right?

"But he calmed me down, telling me over and over that he can explain. I didn't want to hear it, because I was so hurt that he left in the first place. He told me that they made him do it, they stationed him in Alaska for a special program and that no one could know he was alive. Me finding out was an accident."

"But there was a funeral, I saw his body..." I mumbled.

"I know," Angela whimpered. "The Navy, they faked it all, because everyone thought he was dead and they told him it was for the better."

Again, my mind started racing. What do we do?

"He gave me his phone number and told me to call him every Thursday. I wanted to tell you sooner, but he said nobody can know. So I tried pushing you away and avoiding you, then when we talked yesterday I realized it's not fair. Not fair to you, or Lily and Eric. You all deserve to know." my wife said.