Chapter 10 - Focus

I'm back!

Sorry for being gone so long, I was actually on holiday in Greece. It was so beautiful, the beaches are so mesmerizing...

Hope you enjoy this chapter ☺️

Love always,

~ShoamEmily

~

27th of May, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Michael: It's been an entire day since Leo was born.

Angela hasn't woken up yet. They told me she's been sedated so she would sleep because her body was very weak.

"Her blood pressure is still very low, and her heartbeat is getting weaker. But I promise we're doing everything we can. She's been given blood, a lot of it. I'm hoping she'll get better soon." Dr. Holden said.

"Why is this happening?" I rubbed my face.

"She lost an excessive amount of blood. Her blood pressure was low to begin with, when we took her into surgery. We didn't have any other option, we had to operate to make sure your baby boy makes it."

I sighed. Angela needs to get better. She has to, for Leo. For myself, too.

"You have to save her. I'm- I'm not myself without her. I need her." I confessed.

"I will try my best, Mr. Jackson." he patted my shoulder.

When he left, I fell back into the chair.

Leo then started crying, making me take him into my arms.

"Hey, Leo... Shhh, it's okay. Daddy's here..."

He calmed down a bit but still whined.

"Oh, I know you want your mommy..." I whispered. "She's going to come back soon enough, I promise..."

A knock on the door was heard and a nurse said my baby boy has to eat.

"I'll bring him back as soon as he's finished." she reassured.

I kissed my son's forehead lightly before she took him.

~

Angela: My eyes fluttered open but I soon closed them again.

I felt so weak. Even breathing was hard.

"Mrs. Jackson?" I vaguely heard Dr. Holden.

I let out a small moan, knowing I won't be able to speak.

With a little bit of effort, I tried opening my eyes again. A bright light blinded me.

"Mrs. Jackson, follow the flashlight, please," Dr. Holden said. I did my best and be removed the light from my eyes. "Don't try to speak, you're too weak for that. Do you remember what happened?"

I nodded lightly.

"Good. You lost a lot of blood, and your BP is too low. Your heartbeat is also a bit weaker than it should be, so don't try to do anything, okay?"

"M- m- my b-baby?" I stuttered.

The doctor smiled, "He's a beautifully healthy baby boy. He's with your husband right now."

Thank God.

"W- what-"

"-Happened?" he asked, making me nod. "The surgery was too much on your body. You came in with low blood pressure, and you bled out right after your baby was born. But you seem stable for the moment. And you should keep resting, I'm going to give you more medicine go help you sleep. I'll also let your husband know you woke up. He can see you in a few hours."