Chapter 28 - This Time Is Forever

Thank you everyone for the warm birthday wishes! Can't believe I'm 25. I joined this app on my birthday exactly 11 years ago! To think I've been writing since I was 14 is crazy.

Side note, wanted to use the 'This Is It' version of this song for this chapter but I just love this specific performance so much (and Siedah's in it so I'm biased lol)

Enjoy! Don't forget to comment & vote ❤️

~ShoamEmily

~

26th of November, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Michael: Dr. Moore's office was quiet as Angela and I waited for him to come in.

"Mike, stop that." she said, placing her left hand on my leg that was bouncing.

"Where is he? He was supposed to be here five minutes ago." I murmured.

My wife sighed, "He's probably held up with other patients. Relax, he'll be here soon."

Five more minutes passed by before the doctor walked in. He shook both of our hands and sat down.

"So, I went over everything you told me," Dr. Moore smiled slightly. "And unfortunately, I can't recommend that you go through with performing again, Michael."

My face fell. "What? At all?"

"No, not at all, but ten shows is a lot... I honestly believe you physically won't be able to handle it. Your brain is still healing from it all."

"How many shows, then?" Angela interjected.

"I can maybe approve a maximum of three shows, if Michael agrees to take it easy until then, and to come see me once every two weeks."

Three shows? That's nothing.

"How about five shows? Please, Dr. Moore." I pleaded.

Angela hit my knee slightly with the back of her hand, her rings scraping me a bit. She shot me a warning look.

The doctor shook his head. "I'm sorry, Michael. Three shows."

Closing my eyes, I took in a deep breath. You promised Angela.

"Fine. Three shows, I'll let my manager know." I said.

Angela grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Alright. I'll ask my assistant to schedule our appointments in advance. She'll email those to you," Dr. Moore smiled. "When exactly is this tour?"

"In the summer, probably in Europe."

"Sounds good. We'll see each other in two weeks, yeah?"

We said our goodbyes, and Angela and I headed back to the car.

Taking my phone out, I texted Raymone Bain to come over as soon as possible.

~

Raymone paced back and forth in front of my desk. I just told her the news.

"Three shows, Michael? That's not even considered a tour. Might as well call off the entire thing." she sighed.

"Maybe you should." Angela, who insisted on joining us, mumbled under her breath, but loud enough to be heard.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

My manager stopped in her tracks. "I wasn't talking to you."

"Bain, watch it." I warned.

"No, Michael, let her say what she has to say. I'm intrigued." Angela raised an eyebrow.