Chapter 37 - Show Time II

The longest chapter so far! There were a lot of things to tackle in this one, so it came out longer.

Hope you enjoy ❤️

Love,
~ShoamEmily

~

8th of July, 2009
Michael is 50, Angela is 45, and Jake is 46

Angela: Very loud bangs made me jolt awake in bed. I blinked, sitting up.

When did I fall asleep?

My head hurt like crazy, probably from my lack of sleep. I turned to look at my alarm clock; it was only 5:30 AM.

Michael wasn't next to me and I immediately freaked out.

"Michael?!" I asked into the darkness of our room.

"Shhh," he was standing at the door, his ear pressed to it. "Someone's trying to break in. Adam's checking it out. Stay put."

I threw the covers off me. "Mike, the kids."

"They're all in bed. There's a bodyguard in each room and Grace is with the babies. Stay where you are."

Another loud bang made me flinch and I got scared for my babies who were only a few feet away.

"Michael, please, let me check on our babies." I begged.

"No, Adam said to stay right here. Now be quiet."

The banging stopped. It was quiet for a few moments, then there was yelling downstairs.

"Mike, the babies..." I was on the verge of tears.

He closed his eyes, sighing, "Come on."

After putting on our robes, we tried walking across the hall as quietly as possible. Grace sat in the corner of the room with Leo in her arms, while AJ slept through all that noise in her bed.

Immediately, the nanny handed me my baby boy. I held him close and felt some relief.

More muffled yelling came from downstairs. Leo moved, letting out a tiny cry.

"No, baby, g- go back to sleep... Mommy's got you, d- don't be scared..." I cooed while placing kisses on his forehead.

More screams, along with what sounded like Adam grunting.

"Let me go!" that too familiar voice said. "I want to see my kids!"

It only took one look at Michael before he offered his hand. I still held Leo when we ran down the stairs.

Adam's nose was bleeding as he pinned Jake down to the ground, asking him to calm down.

"Jake?!" my husband and I said together.

They both looked at us.

"Adam, let him go!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry, Mrs. Jackson. No can do," Adam mumbled. "He tried to break in, taking out three of my men in the process."

"You did what?"

Jake rolled his eyes at me. His lip was cut open, knuckles bruised, and his cheek was swollen.

"Jeez, Jake," Michael rubbed his face. "What are you even doing here?"

"I came for Lily and Eri- OW! What the hell, man?!"

Adam tightened his grip on my ex's arms.

"Adam, let him go," I said, but Jake struggled against him some more, making the bodyguard do the exact opposite of what I asked. "Jake, stop fighting him!"