Chapter 11 - You Take My Breath Away

Hey guys! I'm back!

Finally got to do some writing, I hope it doesn't suck and you love it.

Don't know when I'll get to write some more but enjoy this chapter for now.

One of my fave Queen songs right there so go ahead and listen to it, I hope it gives a feel of what I was trying to do in this chapter.

Thank you for all your support and patience ❤️

With love,

~ShoamEmily

~

12th of June, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Angela: I looked around the white examination room as I bounced my leg nervously.

It's been almost three weeks since Leo was born and I was finally feeling better.
These last couple of weeks have been more than eventful, with our new baby keeping us up at night, me being grounded, and Michael still settling in, we had our hands full.

"Would you stop that, please?" my husband sighed. "You're making me nervous."

"I'm making you nervous? If I don't pass this stupid check up, I'm the one who's still going to be bedridden for who knows how long." I rolled my eyes.

"You know I'm just worried about you-"

Michael was cut off by the door opening. Dr. Holden was smiling widely when he saw the both of us.

"How are we feeling today?" he asked.

"Good." I answered shortly.

I was not in the mood for any of this. All I wanted was to get back home and be with my baby.

Michael cleared his throat, "She's been having some pain in her stomach."

"Oh?"

"I'm fine, it's nothing-"

"Mind of I check?" the doctor said.

I shook my head, laying down on the bed. Dr. Holden put some gloves on as I pulled my shirt to my chest.

He then gently pressed on my stomach where the scar was still a healthy shade of pink.

"Your abdomen seems okay, and the incision looks like it's healing well. Do you feel any pain right now?"

"Nope."

My doctor sighed, "Alright, I'll do an ultrasound later to make sure everything's perfect."

Dr. Holden proceeded to check my blood pressure, saying it was still a little low. He ordered me to stay in bed for a couple more weeks, but I was allowed to take a little more care of Leo.

"So there's nothing to worry about... Right?" Michael asked.

"She seems perfectly fine to me." the doctor reassured him.

I saw my husband sigh in relief before Dr. Holden started on the ultrasound.

~

It felt so good to finally properly hold my baby boy in my arms.

Leo was gently sucking on the bottle I was giving him, looking up at me with dreamy eyes.

Michael left me alone because he knew I needed some time with our son.

"You're so gorgeous..." I whispered and rubbed his chubby cheek with my pinky.

A knock on the door made me look up. Javon stood there, a grin plastered on his face.