Chapter 50 - The Unknown

18th of February, 2010
Michael is 51, Angela is 45, and Jake is 47

Angela: Michael followed me as I tiptoed into Rose and Jared's room.

Our twins were still sleeping, so we exited the room quietly.

"My parents are getting the cakes," I said. "We're good on presents, right?"

"Luciano and Janet are bringing the last couple of them. Remind me again, why are we going full out for their fourth? We didn't even go this big for Blanket's fifth."

"You know why. And we'll go big for Blanket's in a few days, too."

He kissed my forehead. "Okay. If it makes you happy. Just don't forget our anniversary with all this birthday planning..."

Right, our anniversary. How has it already been five years?

"In my defense, I have chemo brain. I'm allowed to forget."

My husband smirked, "Of course you are. Especially because I have something planned."

"Always a step ahead, huh?" I rolled my eyes and bit the inside of my cheek.

"You have no idea." he kissed me, making my body relax.

I held onto his shirt, to bring him closer, our lips moving together. His hands squeezed my sides, his tongue running along my lips to try and gain access.

"Mom!" Prince called from downstairs.

Michael groaned when I pulled away and we skipped down. The older kids were already decorating the house, playing with balloons here and there.

"Guys, please finish up in 15 and get ready yourselves. I want it to be perfect when people arrive." I crossed my arms. They stopped immediately.

I walked into the kitchen, where I drank a cup of coffee and ate a few bites of a sandwich Michael made, checking my phone to see if there were any updates on the cakes.

"Why are you so uptight about this party, babe? It will be perfect." he made himself a bowl of cereal.

Snickering, I rolled my eyes on purpose again, dramatically this time. "I'm not uptight."

A big envelope on the kitchen island caught my eye; it was on top of the rest of our mail from this morning.

The envelope, addressed to me, had big red letters that said 'CONFIDENTIAL'.

"It's from John Branca," I said to Michael, who gave me a curious look as I opened it. "I think it's my will."

The file I held was thicker than I thought it would be.

We sat down with our lawyers right after Christmas, to make sure our wills aligned. Branca promised to send me a copy of the final version when he's done.

"Woah." was all I could say.

"Almost as big as mine." my husband teased playfully.

"Mom! Eric is being annoying- EW! Why are you so gross?!" Lily screeched, interrupting our little moment.

Michael sighed, "I'll break them up, you go wake up our sleepy babies."

He placed a long kiss on my lips, his taste lingering, and I wished he'd kiss me again.

But he only smiled genuinely when turning to leave the kitchen. I sighed and looked down at the file in my hands.

Quickly, I went over some of the pages as I finished eating.

It's so real.

~

"No, daddy!" Jared whined when Michael placed kisses all over his face.