Chapter 34 - Worlds Apart

OMG YOU GUYS I SAW BEYONCÉ YESTERDAY!

An absolute goddess

Honestly one of the best shows I've seen. Been dreaming of seeing her since I was 10 🥹 There were soooo many MJ samples/references in the dance it was amazing!

Hope your weekend was as great as mine! Enjoy this chapter, and don't worry, it's all planned out 😉

Love,
~ShoamEmily

~

28th of June, 2009
Michael is 50, Angela is 45, and Jake is 46

Angela: I was better in a couple of days, except for some headaches here and there, so it was back to rehearsals for Michael.

They were just working out the little details by now, because everything was already done.

It was astonishing to see how beautifully these shows came together. After today and tomorrow he has a week off before the shows begin.

We unconsciously decided not to bring up the conversation we had the other day, making things a bit tense. But it faded away, and we were back to normal.

Michael cleared his throat into the microphone, "Let's do 'Billie Jean' again..."

The stage went dark, and the spotlight was turned on. That too familiar baseline started playing.

Raymone Bain walked up to me, her heels clicking as she typed on her Blackberry.

"Hi, Angela." she barely looked at me when she sat down, her tone sweeter than usual.

"Hi..."

She sounds too nice. I wonder what she needs...

"Listen, did Michael talk to you?"

"About?"

"There's an interview he has to do before the shows start, on prime time TV. He wants you to join him."

"Join him?" I asked. "To do the interview?"

"Yes. It's a more extensive interview about his life during the last few years. So he insisted that you be a part of it." she answered, eyes glued to the phone in her hands.

"He didn't mention anything..."

She sighed, "Of course he didn't, why would he? Just think about it. It means a lot to him to have you there for some reason."

I had to roll my eyes at that. Yeah, still a bitch.

"I am his wife, you know. Makes sense he would want me there." I snapped.

"Right..." Bain mumbled, still paying attention to her phone.

I snickered loudly so she would hear and went back to watch Michael.