Chapter 8 - Early Surprises

I feel like it's been ages since I updated and I'm truly sorry! Started working again after a while of taking time off.

So much happened this week! I was actually at a party for Michael's 60th birthday on Tuesday, it was so amazing. I love coming together with other Moonwalkers.

And what's going on with Wattpad? Seriously this app never seems to work properly lol

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter, I left you off with a little cliffhanger 😉

Don't forget to vote and comment, love you 💜

~ShoamEmily

~

26th of May, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Angela: I woke up in bed, alone.

I didn't expect Michael to stay but I had hope.

After getting up and taking a shower, I went back to the room only to find my husband standing there. He seemed so lost as he looked around the room.

"Mike?" I asked. He jumped slightly and turned to me.

Michael blushed deeply when he saw that I was only wearing a bathrobe. "I'm sorry for not knocking first, I think I kind of remembered something so I rushed in here to tell you..."

"What did you remember?"

"I'm not sure, but it had something to do with a picture of Jake and I..."

I smiled, walking to his nightstand and taking the framed picture of him and Jake with the kids.

"This picture?" I gave it him.

He sat down next to me, his eyebrows scrunched.

"Yeah," Michael said. "This was at your old house, right? I think I remember you and I there... And a lot of Jake's clothes..."

I teared up a little. He actually remembered something.

"This was a little before I got pregnant with AJ. We were going through therapy at the time, since we just started dating, like actually dating. I needed us to talk to someone about our problems. So our therapist instructed me to push Jake away because even just the thought of him really interfered with our relationship. But I tried erasing him completely."

"That must've been bad..." he sighed.

I nodded, "It was. So because I was struggling so much, I went back to our therapist and she told me to clear the old house and only keep a few of Jake's things. That's exactly what I did, and you joined me, then you saw that picture and decided to keep it on your nightstand. Just like Jake used to."

Michael suddenly pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. I was confused for a second but quickly hugged him back.

"Thank you for that." he said into my shoulder.

When we pulled away, I still kept him close. I never wanted this moment to end. His beautiful lips were curled into a slight smile while his hands still held my waist.

My actions were so quick that I didn't even feel myself leaning in.

"Angela..."

"Please let me do this, I've been waiting for so long. I miss you so much." I begged, clutching his shirt.

His eyes scanned me and for a second I actually thought he was going to kiss me.

But he only pried my fingers away from his shirt gently, standing up. "I'm sorry but I can't."