Chapter 12 - Hawaii 2.0

As promised, a new chapter! I hope you like it, it's a little happier than the last few chapters ❤️

Don't forget to comment and vote!

All my love,

~ShoamEmily

~

14th of June, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Michael: "Michael? Are you in here?" Angela knocked on the guest room's door.

"Yeah, I'll be right out. Sorry." I said.

"Well, your parents are here, so hurry up."

I sighed, buttoning the last button of my shirt.

Here goes nothing.

Today would be the first time I'll be seeing my parents since I woke up. We've been so caught up with everything, my mother basically announced that she and Joseph are coming over.

I took in a deep breath and opened the door. Angela stood there, a bothered look on her face.

"Sorry I took so long. How do I look?" I asked.

She half-smiled, "You look fine."

I cleared my throat. "We should go downstairs."

She agreed so we quickly left the room and headed down the stairs.

Let's just say, we left some unresolved things a couple days ago. After that little... Misunderstanding we had, she made sure to make me feel like a jerk.

She's been more than patient with me but I think she finally had it. Honestly, I would grow tired of me, too.

"Michael!" my mother's voice was heard as soon as we entered the living room.

I smiled, hugging her, "Hello, mother. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm alright! How are you, son?" she pulled away and examined my face. "Are you feeling okay? Are your headaches over? You look skinnier, are you even eating?"

"Mother... I'm fine, really." I laughed.

My father then patted my shoulder. "It's good to see you on your feet, son."

"Thanks, Joseph."

"Would you like anything to drink?" Angela offered.

"I'll do it, you should take a seat." I told her, was but she refused.

"I'm good, Mike. So, anything to drink?"

My parents told her what they'd like and she disappeared into the kitchen.

"How are you two handling everything?" my mother questioned as we sat down.

I shrugged.

"We're okay," I lied. "I think I'm finally getting used to everything... Angela's very patient with me."

"As she should be. I hope it'll all work out soon." Joseph smiled.

Me, too.

~

Angela: Crying while making tea for my in-laws. That's what's happening now.

I laughed at how stupid I must've looked. Just crying all over the place, and it happened anywhere, anytime, in the last couple days.

I hate this. I want my husband back. My Michael, the one who fell in love with me. Not this stranger that I used to hate.

Once the tea was ready, I quickly wiped my tears and splashed my face with a bit of water.