Chapter 17 - Rise Of The Dead

Hey guys!!

First of all, how are you all? Really hoping you aren't going crazy in self quarantine...

This story is the only thing that's keeping me from losing it as I've been writing quite a bit, along with this Argentinian telenovela I've been obsessed with and the Sims 4 obviously lol

Just wanted to check up on you and hear what you have to say about this entire situation.

Also, what do you guys think of these updates? And I was wondering if there's anything you want to see happen next? You're welcome to DM me anytime if you have any ideas!

Obviously, if anybody needs someone to talk during these difficult times, message me, I'm always here.

And just a shout-out to my amazing friend Thatgirlkels ! Happy birthday, girl! I love you, have fun on your special day ❤️

Love you guys so much! Enjoy this chapter ❤️

~ShoamEmily

~

6th of August, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Angela: "Angela, can you hear me? Come on, wake up." I heard someone familiar, but it seemed as though they were far away.

What happened?

"Do you need help, sir?"

"Yes, can you get her some water?" the voice said again. "Angela, please. What are the hell are you doing in Alaska?"

That voice... Could it be?

Suddenly, something cold hit my face. I gasped as my eyes opened.

"Thank goodness you're awake!" he sighed.

My vision was still blurry but I could make out the outline of the face that was looking at me.

"Jake? Is it really you?" I mumbled. "What happened? Did I die?"

"What? No, Ange, you passed out."

"So this is real?"

I blinked a couple times before remembering what really happened. I heard his voice. And he was there and he was real.

My vision was finally clear. Jake had a worried look on his face.

"No, no, no," I tried standing up. "No, you can't be real. You're dead. You died on the 25th of October, 2003. It was five years ago. You can't be real."

Jake tried to help me but I backed away from him. "Angela, wait, I can explain-"

"NO! You're not real. I'm hallucinating." I cut him off and covered my eyes.

Am I actually going crazy? How is he here?!

"Shit!" I rubbed my eyes hard. He's not real.

I opened my eyes again. And Jake was still very much there.

"Fuck, Jake, what is this? Is this some kind of sick joke?!" I screamed at him. "You're dead! I identified your body after the crash. I watched as they put your body into the ground. How the fuck are you alive?!

"And here? Out of all places, in fucking Alaska? What, was I so bad you had to run away and fake your own death?! You left me alone with two little children! What the hell is this?!"

But instead of answering, he only pulled me to him. I hit his chest, not wanting to believe it. "Let me go!"

"I will, once you calm down. Breathe with me, baby. In and out..." my ex-husband whispered. "I promise I can explain everything..."