Chapter 24 - Wedding Bells

One of my favorite chapters I've written recently ❤️

Hope you love it, too. Don't forget to comment & vote!

Love,
~ShoamEmily

~

3rd of October, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Jake: Loud knocks on the door woke me up. I groaned and opened my eyes.

"Daddy!" Eric knocked even louder.

"Baby, not so loud. He probably just woke up." I heard Angela say.

I smiled to myself, stretching before I got out of bed. After finding a shirt, I hurried to open the door.

"Good morning, daddy." Eric hugged me.

"Hey, buddy." I rubbed his back.

Angela smiled at us, "Mike and I are heading to LA. Eric wanted to spend the day with you."

"Of course. What's in LA?"

"Lunch with Luci and his fiancée, we're meeting her side of the family."

So Luciano is getting married, Kim really was talking about him.

"Everyone else is spending the day at Michael's parents, so you have the ranch to yourselves. We'll only be back at night," Angela continued. "Are you good here? Is there anything you need from LA?"

"No, thank you, Ange. Luciano's getting married?" I asked.

"Yeah, can you believe it? And she's really nice, too." she answered.

"Daddy can we go play, please? I learned something new, I have to show you." Eric nudged my arm.

"Just a second, baby," his mother said. "Listen, Jakey... No one else knows that you're here other than the bodyguards. That means you have to stay away from the main house and anywhere where staff might see you."

I nodded, "I know, Angie."

She hugged me slightly and I smelled her perfume; it was the same one she wore to our wedding. It made my heart clench a little.

She never changed it.

When we pulled away, her phone buzzed.

"It's Michael, I gotta go. Have fun, you two. Love you, baby." she kissed our son's cheek, walking back to the golf cart.

"So, are we gonna play?" Eric perked up.

"Can I brush my teeth first at least?" I chuckled.

He huffed. "Fine."

~

Angela: "I love you." I waved to the children as I went back to the car.

Michael kissed Katherine's cheek, quickly joining me.

"I have a surprise for you," he said, leaning to whisper in my ear. "We're spending the night in LA... Just us, alone for a bit. I think we need alone time."

He placed a kiss behind my ear, making me giggle. He always knows exactly what we need.

We were really going at it, too. It's like some wall broke the minute he remembered. I was on cloud 9.

"Mmhm, Mike..." my breath hitched when he placed small love bites on the side of my neck.

"We've also been invited to dinner..."

"Oh, so this was just to ease me in, huh?" I rolled my eyes. "Who invited us?"

"Lisa Marie Presley."

I pulled away immediately.