Chapter 25 - Catching (Old) Feelings

This media pic is the perfect GIF for this chapter BUT Wattpad is being annoying per usual and wouldn't let me upload it because it's too big *sigh* I will link it in the comments lol

Hope you enjoy this chapter ☺️

Love,
~ShoamEmily

~

10th of October, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Michael: I settled into bed after the long day we've had. It was already around 12:30 AM.

Michael Jordan finally came over today. He played one on one with Eric, but mostly tried to entertain all of the older children. It was great, he brought his family along, too.

I could hear Angela shut the water off, and soon enough she came out of the bathroom, wearing her robe.

"Babe, are you coming to bed?" I asked.

She yawned loudly, "Yeah, just let me get dressed. Wait for me?"

I nodded, and she disappeared into her closet room. I tried waiting for her, but my eyelids felt heavy. My phone rang just as I was falling asleep.

"Jake?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey, man," Jake sighed. "Shit, did I wake you up?"

"Not really, I was trying to wait for Angie anyways. You actually saved me." I chuckled.

He joined in, "Yeah, she hates trying to fall asleep without being cuddled... So, listen, I need a favor... Is there any chance I could get a car and drive to LA tomorrow?"

"Uh, I don't know, Jake. I mean, I don't mind setting that up for you, but are you even allowed to go anywhere?" I said nervously. "You're technically still dead... What do you need it for?"

"Oh, I have a date..."

Angela walked out of her closet room, quickly coming into bed. "Who's on the phone?"

"A date? How did you manage to get a date? You've only been here." I told Jake.

"We met on the plane... Listen, Mike, I really need this. Please? My supervisors said I can go anywhere as long as I keep a low profile." Jake explained.

I was glad to hear he was talking to someone new. I've been sensing some jealousy from him whenever Angela and I would come keep him company.

My wife nudged my shoulder lightly, giving me a look I knew all too well.

"Okay," I agreed. "I'll ask Javon to set a car with a driver-"

Jake cut me off, "I can drive myself, if that's okay."

"Yeah, sure..."

"Thanks, Mike. I owe you one. Again."

I hung up, and Angela was quick to cuddle close to me.

"What did Jake want?"

"He has a date," I smiled down at her. "Someone he met on the plane."

She scrunched her nose slightly, rolling her eyes. "What's her name?"

"I don't know, does it matter?"

She only shrugged. Is she jealous?

"Don't tell me you're jealous, baby." I chuckled.

"No, I'm just curious..." Angela mumbled.

"Mmhm," I kissed her forehead before shutting the lights off. "Whatever you say."