Chapter 48 - Blame It On The Sun

Only two more chapters to go 😭
I might have two epilogues but I'm still working on one so I hope I can get it done.

Enjoy this chapter, although it's a little sad. Don't forget to comment & vote ❤️

~ShoamEmily

~

3rd of December, 2009
Michael is 51, Angela is 45, and Jake is 46

Jake: A car stopped downstairs, telling me the kids and Angela were here.

It's been way too long.

"How do I look?" I asked Bill.

He only shrugged and went back to the TV.

"Thanks for nothing," I sighed when a knock on the door was heard. "I'm coming!"

My two beautiful children stood there with Adam. Angela, however, was missing.

"Daddy!" Eric hugged me. Lily hurried to join.

"I'll come to pick them up in four hours. Don't leave the apartment, okay? Mr. Jackson was very specific about it, since they can be recognized now." Adam said.

I nodded, "Where's Angela?"

"Mom's at the hospital," Eric looked up at me. "She has to stay there."

"What? Why?"

"Dad said they want to keep an eye on her."

Why didn't they tell me anything?

"Four hours." Adam reminded before he left.

I crouched down in front of Lily and Eric. "How is your mom doing?"

"We don't know. We haven't seen her in two weeks..." my daughter frowned.

Gosh, Angela must be in really bad shape...

Hugging my children again, I decided I would make this the best day for them.

~

Angela: "Angie... Angie," I heard Michael's soft voice. "You gotta wake up, babe. Dr. Brent is coming to check on you in bit."

"Just a few more minutes." I mumbled.

"Fine, 10 minutes."

I drifted off again. It seemed like only a couple seconds passed when my husband stroked my back soothingly, whispering in my ear that I have to wake up now.

He helped me sit up, then walked me slowly to the bathroom to wash my face.

With shaky hands, I cupped some water, but they spilled.

"Need help?" Michael was by my side.

His fingers ran over my face gently as he wiped the sleep out of my eyes. "There."

I smiled slightly and he leaned down to kiss me. Our lips were about to touch just as we heard the room door open.

We walked out of the bathroom, to see Dr. Brent checking my chart.

"How are we today, Mrs. Jackson?" she said with a small smile.

I lay back down on the bed. "Still exhausted."

"I'm sorry to hear. I just wanted to come back with the blood test results, looks like you'll have to stay here a while longer."

Great.

"But we'll keep going with the chemo, so by the end of next month we'll hopefully see some improvement."

Only next month? But I already started my second round of treatments...