Chapter 42 - Alpine Descend

The media picture is one I took myself, in the Malojapass (in the alps between Switzerland and Italy) about two months ago. From Switzerland looking out to Italy. Absolutely unreal. Hopefully it'll help you get a feel for this chapter.

Obviously got very inspired by my trip, so hope you enjoy it. I cried a bit writing it.

Don't forget to comment & vote! ❤️

Love,
~ShoamEmily

~

5th of September, 2009
Michael is 51, Angela is 45, and Jake is 46

Angela: After Ireland, we moved onto Switzerland.

Zurich was even more beautiful in real life than I imagined it.

Because our trip had to be pushed back, we could only spend three days here before moving on to Italy.

So Michael took me around the city, mostly to shop, while the kids enjoyed the day with Grace at a water park.

Adam already had a few bags of clothes in his hands. Non of my clothes really fit me anymore, all of them being a couple sizes too big, so going on this spree was necessary.

"Babe, how about we go eat something?" Michael suggested when we sat inside the car, after finishing at our third store for the day.

"I'm not too hungry..."

"You gotta eat, Ange. And anyways," he kissed me. "I'm hungry. So we are going to sit in a little restaurant on the lake and enjoy a nice lunch."

He flashed that contagious smile of his. How can I say no to that?

"Okay, let's go to lunch."

~

With eyes closed, I soaked in the sun, loving how warm it felt on my skin.

The sounds of seagulls and the water made it all so peaceful. I could honestly stay by the lakeside forever.

And the air, it was so clear.

"You are gonna get so many freckles..." Michael suddenly said, making me look at him.

He sat right across from me, in the shade, sunglasses hiding his playful eyes.

"You love my freckles." I smirked.

"I do," he took a bite out of his food. "You want some?"

Shaking my head, I took a sip from the cup of coffee I ordered. It came with two macarons, and that was enough to make me feel a bit nauseous again.

I hated it, not being able to eat.

When we talked to Dr. Brent a week ago, she said it was normal, that my body was probably taking notice of my disease. Especially after the surgery I had to go through.

"Can I get you anything else, Mr. and Mrs. Jackson?" our waitress came over.

"I'll take a sparkling water with lemon, please." I told her, feeling a bit queasy.

Michael thanked her when she walked away. "You good, babe?"

"Mmhm." I closed my eyes to try and relax again.

That's when I heard camera clicks. Some paparazzi from the next restaurant over tried taking pictures.

My husband sighed, "We can't get a break."

"Ignore them, Mike. They'll leave eventually."

"No, they won't. You know they won't."

My stomach turned again. Shit.