Chapter 27 - Doubts

Just a little heads up!

Okay, I know in 2008-2009 Michael had Thome Thome and Frank DiLeo as his managers, but I am planning on using Raymone Bain in this story.

You'll see why 😉

By the way, all of my knowledge about Michael and his life during his final years comes from research as an obsessive teenager all the way back 7 years ago. A lot of the facts will obviously change since this is a fanfic that is very different from his actual life during those years.

Just wanted to put that out there!

On that note, writing about Lisa Marie Presley was a bit overwhelming now that she's passed. May she rest in peace 💔

Don't forget to comment and vote! ❤️

~ShoamEmily

~

21st of November, 2008
Michael is 50, Angela is 44, and Jake is 45

Michael: Rose, Jared, and AJ were playing on the lawn right outside my office, with Grace watching over them as she held Leo.

The big doors that lead outside were wide open, so I could see everything they were doing.

The twins were chasing around a ball while AJ was playing with Kenya's tail.

"Daddy!" Jared called and I looked away from the pile of papers I was going over.

"Yeah, baby boy?"

"Look!" he showed me the ball. "I'm like Ewic!"

He threw it as hard as his little self could, making me laugh. "Good job, bubba."

"Daddy, come!" Rose said.

"You should join us, Mr. Jackson. It's really nice out." Grace smiled.

"Soon, I promise," I sighed. "I have to finish this before the rest of the children come back from school."

My phone rang and it was Javon. "Sir, Raymone Bain just arrived... Said it was urgent."

"Send her to my office. Thanks." I told him.

Soon enough, my manager walked in.

"Come on, everyone. Your daddy will come play with you soon." Grace told the children, helping them as they walked away.

"Hi, Michael," Raymone sat down. "On dad duty today?"

"I was supposed to be, but someone sent a bunch of papers for me to sign..." I gave her a look to show how annoyed I was.

She ignored my comment and helped herself to a water bottle from the mini fridge. "So, did you sign the AEG contract?"

"No. I didn't get a chance to talk to Angela yet."

"Michael..." she groaned. "We need to give them an answer. And you clearly want to do it, so sign it already. Why does it matter what your wife thinks?"

"You said it, Bain. She's my wife, she has a say in this." I said harshly.

"Fine. But I expect an answer by tomorrow."

"I'll give you an answer in a week. You still work for me, Bain. Not the other way around."

My manager rolled her eyes slightly, "Alright. Do you need anything else from me?"

I could hear the front door open along with the older children's voices.

Standing up, I gave her the pile of papers I finished signing. "No, thank you. Here, these are finished... I'm going back to dad duty, if you don't mind. You are welcomed to come see everyone."