Chapter 4 - Grounded

Aren't you loving these updates? I'm having so much fun writing lately ☺️

Don't forget to vote & comment, love you all 😍

~ShoamEmily

~

3rd of May, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Angela: By the time we reached the hospital my eyelids felt very heavy.

"Stay with me, Mrs. Jackson," Javon ordered and scooped me out of the car. "Someone help!"

I could faintly hear people recognizing me when Javon carried me to the emergency department.

A sharp cry left my lips when I felt another pain in my lower back.

"How many weeks in is she, sir?" someone asked Javon.

"I- I don't really know, I'm only her husband's head of security..." he said.

"Mrs. Jackson," a man said softly as bright light came in contact with my eyes. "Follow the flashlight."

I tried my best to follow his instructions but my vision was all blurry.

"Her pupils aren't responding! Get me an ultrasound and an OR ready now!"

"Are you sure it's safe, doctor? Her blood pressure is very low..."

"We have to operate. The baby isn't getting enough oxygen."

Hands lifted up my shirt and pressed on my belly, hard. I let out another scream. The pain was unbearable.

Then they pressed something else on it. A faint heartbeat was heard.

That's when I started going in and out of consciousness.

The bed I was on started moving faster. And suddenly I was in an OR with a doctor was standing over me.

"Everything will be alright, Mrs. Jackson." he smiled, placing an oxygen mask over my mouth and nose.

I was out in seconds.

~

It took me a while to come back to my senses.

When I did, I noticed the white hospital room that surrounded me.

My eyes traveled to my arm where an IV was stuck. Blood was running into my body in a steady stream.

Then I saw my big baby bump and let out a big sigh.

I ran a hand over it as tears streamed down my face.

"You're okay..." I whispered with a big smile on.

The door of my hospital room opened and a nurse came in.

"Oh, Mrs. Jackson, you're awake! I'll get Dr. Holden." she said.

When Dr. Holden came in he instructed the nurse to leave so he could have a word with me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'll explain soon, but didn't we talk about unnecessary stress, Mrs. Jackson?" he said.

I groaned, "We did."

He sighed and said he'd like to do an ultrasound.

Once the scanner was placed on my protruding stomach, my baby's heartbeat was heard throughout the room.

"This is your baby, as you know," Dr. Holden pointed to my baby. He then placed the scanner to the side of my belly. "And that's the placenta. Do you see how it's lifted a bit? It's beginning to detach from the uterus wall. You had partial placental abruption, Mrs. Jackson. We're lucky we caught this now, or else we could have ended up in the delivery room."