Chapter 2 - Walls Will Crumble

So 'For All Time' is my second absolute favorite MJ song, after 'Whatever Happens', in case you haven't noticed.

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter and this chapter ❤️

Thank you again for all of your support 💕

~ShoamEmily

~

28th of April, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Angela: I groaned as I turned off my alarm clock that read 07:00.

Last night was the worst. The baby inside me was restless and I couldn't sleep. Not to mention AJ was fussy all night, too. I had to take her in bed with me so she'd calm down.

I sat up, immediately regretting it. My back was killing me.

"Shit." I cursed, rubbing my lower back. Deciding I needed a hot bath, I reached for my phone and called Grace in to take sleeping AJ back to her crib.

"Should I send someone to help you, Mrs. Jackson?" she whispered so my baby girl wouldn't wake up.

"No, thanks," I smiled. "I'll be fine. Just make sure the kids are awake."

"Of course."

She left, and I tried standing up. A pained moan left my lips. Suck it up, Angela. You've got to get the kids ready.

I knew my back pain was normal due to my baby being so big. I was 30 weeks in, and they were almost 4 pounds, a little heavier than AJ was at this point.

I brushed my teeth as the bath filled up. My reflection was the worst right now. I had bags under my eyes from last night, but restless nights for me were usual. I could no longer see my feet, and I had so many stretch marks.

If Michael were here, he'd assure me I was still very beautiful. Then he'd take me back to bed and make the sweetest love to me, to show me how beautiful he thinks I am.

My lips quivered and before I knew it, I was bawling. Truth was, I missed him. His warm touch, his lips on my own, his smile.

Staying strong was hard, although I managed to do it. My kids needed me to be strong. But I would cave in very often, especially at night when I lay alone in our bed. It seemed so empty without him.

I sniffled and wiped my tears, knowing I have to be ready soon.

Once I was inside the hot water my pain eased a little. I sighed in relief.

Closing my eyes, I ran two hands over my bulging stomach. Honestly, I was starting to feel scared of having this baby. Terrified, even.

What if Michael doesn't wake up in time and I'll be alone in that delivery room?

I shook my head at my own thoughts. He's going to wake up, he has to. He won't let me do this alone.

A knock on the door made me open my eyes.

"Mom?" Paris called. "Lily and I need help with our hair."

"Where's Grace?" I asked, not in the mood to get up. I was just starting to relax.

"She's helping Blanket."

"And grandma Maria or Katherine?"

"They're waking up the boys." Paris said.

Frustrated, I carefully pushed myself up and put a robe around my body. I dried my hair with a towel then opened the door.

Lily and Paris were waiting patiently on my bed with both their hair brushes in their hands.