Chapter 13 - The Call

17th of July, 2008
Michael is 49, Angela is 44

Michael: "Dada... Dada..." I heard vaguely.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw AJ bouncing her little body up and down in her crib.

I looked down, noticing the baby boy in my arms. Unlike his sister, he was still sleeping.

I rubbed my eyes and carefully got up to put Leo in his crib.

"Good morning." Angela appeared at the nursery door with a smile on her face.

"Did I fall asleep again?"

"You did. Here, I'll take AJ. You should freshen up."

I thanked her, kissing her cheek before walking down the stairs that led to our bedroom.

Ever since I took her out on our first date we've been on really good terms.

Honestly, our life together was finally starting to fall into place for me. I couldn't remember anything yet, but still, we were enjoying each other's company more.

I kept my promise and took her on another date which was very successful.

As I was brushing my teeth I noticed the little note Angela left for me on the mirror.

She's been putting these kind of notes everywhere; to remind me of stuff I wouldn't know or wouldn't be used to.

You promised the kids to take them to see the animals today. And most importantly, it's AJ's first birthday tomorrow. Angela xo.

I blushed at the little 'xo' next to her name. I put the note in my pocket and left the room to find the kids had finished with breakfast.

"Okay, who's ready to go to the zoo?" I asked.

They all jumped up from their chairs to put their shoes on.

"You're not eating?" Angela's voice came from behind me. AJ was in her arms, playing with her mother's shirt.

I shrugged, "I'm good. You should eat, though."

She smiled and thanked me then disappeared with our baby girl to the kitchen.

"Daddy, we're ready!" Blanket said.

I joined all 7 of my kids and we made our way outside.

~

Angela: After both AJ and I finished breakfast, I took her upstairs to play for a while since Leo woke up to eat as well.

He was cradled against my chest as he sucked his bottle hungrily.

"You're the cutest." I whispered to him.

My son was done soon enough so I put him against my shoulder and patted his little back.

Suddenly, my phone went off. It was an unknown number. Who could that be?

I pressed the green button, putting the phone to my ear.

"This is a call from the Los Angeles county state prison, to accept the charges press 1-"

My mind went blank. The only person I knew who was in jail was Danny.
I didn't even notice the phone dropped on the floor from my trembling hand.

Hasn't he done enough? What could he possibly want from me?

All I could see the image of him smirking while his hands touched me everywhere, as he pounded into my body with so much force.