Chapter 32 - Happy Times

14 years. Rest in peace, Michael.
Love you forever ❤️

~ShoamEmily

~

17th of April, 2009
Michael is 50, Angela is 45, and Jake is 46

Michael: It was raining in London when we landed there.

The past month has been intense; moving with nine children is no joke. Angela and I were busy with packing everyone and preparing for this move.

She talked to Debbie about Prince and Paris. This entire custody thing still bothered me, although Angela begged me to let it go.

Luckily, Debbie agreed to them moving all the way here with us, but she already had planned visits that were agreed upon with our lawyers present.

After driving for about an hour, we were finally nearing our new home.

The older kids rode with me while the babies were in the other car with Angela, and my in-laws, who came along for the first couple of weeks. We gave Grace some time off before she joins us.

Prince, Eric, and Blanket all fell asleep in the back. I was sitting in between Paris and Lily, the two girls being too excited to sleep.

"Daddy, are we there yet?" Paris asked.

"Very soon, baby," I answered. "You excited?"

She nodded, "Mom said you have your first rehearsal soon. Can we come?"

"Yeah, can we, dad?" Lily joined in.

"I don't know, girls. Don't you want to be surprised and wait for the shows?"

"But mommy gets to come with you..." my step-daughter pouted.

"Mommy doesn't have school to go to, Lil." I said.

Paris yawned loudly. "We're done with school next month."

I chuckled when she kept on yawning, clearly tired.

"We can talk about this tomorrow," I kissed her hair, seeing that we were pulling up to the new house. "We're here."

We came to a halt, and I turned around to wake up the boys. The other car stopped behind us.

AJ was sleeping in Angela's arms, our daughter's head on her shoulder.

"Mike, can you grab Leo?" she asked. "He fell asleep."

I did as she asked and we all piled into the house. Boxes were everywhere, along with our luggage.

The kids ran upstairs to find their bedrooms as we got our sleepy babies into bed.

Their new nursery was full of more boxes, but the cribs were all ready for them to sleep in.

"This was the longest day." Angela sighed once we closed the door.

"I say we go see how everyone else is settling in," I hugged her. "Then get some well needed sleep ourselves."

We had a quick dinner with our big family, then helped our tired kids into bed. I thanked Maria and Jared for all their help before finally going upstairs ourselves.

~

Angela was waiting in bed when I finished in the bathroom.

"First night in London as a family. I can't believe we're actually here." she smiled tiredly.

Nodding, I pulled her closer. "Thank you for agreeing to do this with me, Angie."

She hugged me tightly and left a small kiss on my chin.